Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy from Texas hill country

Will be going to McClain's RV in Corinth, TX next week to trade our class C m/h for a Solitude 310 GK-R. Like the layout of the unit and wife is excited to have her kitchen prep space back that she had in previous units that we've owned. Talked w/ a couple of Solitude owners while we were RV'ing down in the Texas valley area this past month and they have been pleased overall w/ their units. Always nice to find folks who like what they have instead of listening to people complain about all of the issues that they've had to have fixed.
    While at the dealer, will be having rails and B&W Patriot 18K slider hitch installed in the new Chevy Duramax.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound like old hands at this RV thing. Deb and I (David) are new to it, we were always tent campers. We have a new TT (2600RB) and love it. Glad you joined. We live in Grand Prairie so no doubt our paths will cross. Oh, and thanks for buying a Chevy. I work for GM in Arlington, well at least for another month and a half until I retire in April. Hope to see you on the trail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2whoharp View Post
    You sound like old hands at this RV thing. Deb and I (David) are new to it, we were always tent campers. We have a new TT (2600RB) and love it. Glad you joined. We live in Grand Prairie so no doubt our paths will cross. Oh, and thanks for buying a Chevy. I work for GM in Arlington, well at least for another month and a half until I retire in April. Hope to see you on the trail.
    David,

Have had a Powerstroke & a Cummins and decided to try the Duramax. Friend in the valley who is a retired GM employee from Michigan was nice enough to let me use his "friends and family" discount to get the Duramax. Maybe we'll meet up at the Texas rally in San Antonio (lived there from 1976 until retiring 4 years ago and moving to Kerrville).
    BTW, congratulations on your pending retirement!
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. Hope to see you at some of the rallies.....
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Ed. Glad you're here. We spend a lot of time in Junction TX on my brothers small ranch. We love the wild life there.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucwinters View Post
    David,

Have had a Powerstroke & a Cummins and decided to try the Duramax. Friend in the valley who is a retired GM employee from Michigan was nice enough to let me use his "friends and family" discount to get the Duramax. Maybe we'll meet up at the Texas rally in San Antonio (lived there from 1976 until retiring 4 years ago and moving to Kerrville).
    BTW, congratulations on your pending retirement!
    As you see in my signature I have an '05 Silverado HD, Duramax diesel motor, and Allison transmission. Just over 240,000 miles and running strong. The only mods I've done are deleting the exhaust gas recirculate and installing a 50 gal in-frame fuel tank. I haven't seen the post for a Texas rally, but would love to be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2whoharp View Post
    As you see in my signature I have an '05 Silverado HD, Duramax diesel motor, and Allison transmission. Just over 240,000 miles and running strong. The only mods I've done are deleting the exhaust gas recirculate and installing a 50 gal in-frame fuel tank. I haven't seen the post for a Texas rally, but would love to be there.
    Here is the info that I found regarding the rally:
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/calend...xas-rally-2018
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum ED, we hosted at McKinney Falls State Park the year it flooded. Beautiful country.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. You have excellent taste in your rv selection!

Tim
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast