User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is funny, we actually did on Friday night. I am not sure if I feel comfortable doing on a highway because the lights are pretty bright - not sure how that would be for oncoming traffic, but I turned them on when we pulled onto a forest road that was pretty dark.

It was pretty neat, I did it mainly to light up the tree branches that were a little overgrown (really lit them well) as we were driving down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Showing Off"

Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Ha!! I was wondering if anyone lit up the V while in transit. That's awesome!!
    Yeah, I really like to do that! If you ever see another Imagine headed the other way on the highway, it really does look great. Also like to leave it on at night, especially when the bathhouse is far away. Sure makes it easier to find your way back to your rig at night! Happy trails!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2970 about a month ago. I've pulled it 20 feet so far! (to level it) Baby steps. Really love it, and can't wait to take it out. I have thoroughly enjoyed this forum and the immense knowledge and experience shared...what to do, what not to do, and what to look out for. It's as if I've worked in an RV repair facility for several months! Thank you to everyone who contributes. I hope to provide helpful information someday, as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased a 2020 Imagine 2970RL. Took it out for three nights on a shakedown. Excellent experience and loved the trailer. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this rig.We tow with a 2019 RAM 1500 eTorque.
    Don & Jeannine Inbody
    2020 GMC 2500 diesel
    2019 GD Imagine 2970RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very late to this thread. We got our 2023 2970rl in Spring of 2023. We took it locally 10 miles. This beading in the trim fell out. The brakes were poor. I read you need to put on 1000 miles before brakes would be most effective. It didn't help. Went to a local RV shop and they tightened the brakes and it worked great. GD did not cover the $165 to adjust under warranty. REALY!? We headed southwest for a 3 wk+ trip. We took it to the dealership to fix the issues. More issues emerged, including previous issues. We've been all over northern MN and WI this fall and more issues. I just dropped it off at the dealership today with a full list of problems. I chose to upgrade to GD, and pay a higher price. I have to say I'm very disappointed now in our purchase.

I want to address the weight and towing of a 1500 truck. I have a 2017 Ram 1500, with a 3.92 rear axel, towing package, air suspension, and heavy duty tow bar. I have no problem hauling the weight, including through the Rockies. That said, when very windy I slow down to 60. On a fairly level road I do 60 mph at 2400 rpms. Thanks to air suspension, the trailer and truck are level. I guess if I had a 2500 speed and ride would be better, but at the cost of 1500 handling. I love the 1500! I drive that mostly without towing. I drew a lot of criticism from this site when I first joined about this trailer and my 1500. Be aware that trucks are not all the same, and "experts" do not have all the say. That said, I appreciate alternative questions from those questioning me. I would say, do your own research like I did. If my sliders worked right, if my oven worked, if my LP quick connect worked, if my fridge latched, if my heated seat worked, if my 50 amp cover worked, if I didn't have a leak, if my trim didn't fall out, if the manual had a clue about this rig, etc., its a fantastic product. One thing I really love about the trailer is it handles curves so well. I promised I would return with my experience after the first year. I have zero regret on the issue of weight. I have 100% regret on GD! I wish I had gone cheaper, because, cheaper I got!

I am happy to hear you owners of earlier years are so please. I suspect many corners were cut since. If I could return it, I would. I was recently contacted by GD for a review. So far, I haven't heard back from them for further conversation.

My previous RV was a Sunset Trail and I had zero problem with extended warranty repairs. Are we now in a different phase of GD leadership and production? Buyer beware!
    Retiring Clergy- God loves everyone: No Exceptions!
    2023 Imagine 2970rl
    2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678