User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Mod. inside steps for handycapper.

Help, Help. Just purchased a Reflection 29RS, 2015. It is not home yet but I know the first problem will be that my wife will not be able to climb those two Giant steps up to the Bed/bath area. Has any body changed a unit to three more reasonable steps that even a handy capper can climb? Some how to procede would help. John D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John D Shelkie View Post
    Help, Help. Just purchased a Reflection 29RS, 2015. It is not home yet but I know the first problem will be that my wife will not be able to climb those two Giant steps up to the Bed/bath area. Has any body changed a unit to three more reasonable steps that even a handy capper can climb? Some how to procede would help. John D
    John,
    I just did a quick search and found this https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ighlight=steps, there is probably others. . . . good luck. . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - There are several different versions of changing the original single step to a double. You can use the search tool in the upper right corner to find these threads. I think one if the best is in this link, where Ben built in drawers while he was adding the two steps.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...t=step+drawers

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, welcome to the forum. The links that have been given look like they're excellent options. My 29RS now has the factory "3 step" mod done (really two steps and the landing way). The wife is having double knee replacement surgery done soon and we really wanted to make that change before hand. Rumor has it that you might be able to get the steps you're looking for from the factory. They're standard on the newer 29RS models, and drop in place with a little modification done behind the rear basement wall. Good luck!
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch