User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water tank flushing question

When flushing the black water tank the flushing sprayer only works about 1/3 of the time. My husband believes it's due to not high enough water pressure at some of the RV parks we've stayed at. Does that sound right?

Possibly our vacuum breaker requires a higher pressure to let the water flow. But we don't know for sure where the vacuum breaker is on our 26RL. We think it's behind the shower, but don't know where the access panel is.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced my Vaccum Breaker (plastic) with a brass version by Watts. In my 2015 337RLS it is behind the shower controls. I just remove the panel in my closet behind the shower. I use a pressure regulator when I flush mine.
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8daggett View Post
    I have replaced my Vaccum Breaker (plastic) with a brass version by Watts. In my 2015 337RLS it is behind the shower controls. I just remove the panel in my closet behind the shower. I use a pressure regulator when I flush mine.
    Thanks, but we don't have a closet behind the shower. It backs up to the hutch in the kitchen.

When we use the pressure regulator the flushing spray won't work. It seems to take more than 40psi to flush.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Thanks, but we don't have a closet behind the shower. It backs up to the hutch in the kitchen.

When we use the pressure regulator the flushing spray won't work. It seems to take more than 40psi to flush.
    As Grand Design uses many of the same building techniques across all product lines, take a close look at the panel(s) at the back of the hutch. You may find a panel held in place with screws painted to closely match the color of the panel.

While I use a pressure regulator on the fresh water line I don’t use one for the black tank flush. The engineers on the forum may explain the error of my thinking: maximum line pressure occurs when no water is flowing, since the flush line always has flowing water while there is pressure it is not full line pressure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    As Grand Design uses many of the same building techniques across all product lines, take a close look at the panel(s) at the back of the hutch. You may find a panel held in place with screws painted to closely match the color of the panel.

While I use a pressure regulator on the fresh water line I don’t use one for the black tank flush. The engineers on the forum may explain the error of my thinking: maximum line pressure occurs when no water is flowing, since the flush line always has flowing water while there is pressure it is not full line pressure.
    Exactly. I don’t use a regulator either. No problem.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    livinthelife - Below the faucets in the shower is a panel held in place with four screws and sealed with silicone. The vacuum breaker is behind this panel. At least, it is supposed to be. Some drop down and have to be fished up through this opening to replace.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3930.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is what our black tank flusher vacuum valve looked like after I removed our shower water valves/handles panel which Rob referenced in post #6:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160728_133126.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	11401

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    livinthelife - Below the faucets in the shower is a panel held in place with four screws and sealed with silicone. The vacuum breaker is behind this panel. At least, it is supposed to be. Some drop down and have to be fished up through this opening to replace.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    And here is what our black tank flusher vacuum valve looked like after I removed our shower water valves/handles panel which Rob referenced in post #6:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160728_133126.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	11401

Dan
    Thank you both. We never noticed that handle was in a separate panel.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
    OK, finally had time to track this down. My husband opened the panel and, lo and behold! the hose that's attached to the vacuum breaker was bent double and stuffed into the space. The hoses were kinked in two places. He was able to straighten it out and push it back down in the void without bending them again. This should do the trick. Seems to be working much better now.