User Tag List

Thread: Dimmers

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dimmers

Last camping season I got tired of how bright the led lights were so put a remote dimmer on the main room lights. Still wasn’t all that happy because the remote ended up in the catch all drawer. So since I had to replace the power converter (died) and wanted to put an EMS in I decided to make some additional modifications. Never liked that both awning lights came on together and they are way too bright. I found these on-line https://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfit-RV-L...53.m1438.l2649 I changed out the switch in the bedroom to. Mood lighting ( I hope ).

Three on top of each other is exactly the same height as the control panel shroud.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9B46D97-6C6B-44A0-8DCE-38605F6A35B6.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	11426

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put a dimmer on the awning lights. Did not cross my mind on separating the lights... Might add this to the “to do list”.
    I do like the switch also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is cool....I wasn't aware there are dimmers available. Thanks for posting.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon, EBay, etc. There is a thread on this by rivercityJeff, with a you tube video also.
    Search LED Dimmer. I can’t get the link to work correctly on my iPad for the link.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about mounting the knob style in the same area as the double light switch in the lower ceiling of the hutch. The space should be there and a bit more convenient I think. Especially since now I have to do it with the ceiling lights too...says the boss...

They were out of the other switches that were linked above, which I think I would have liked just as well, but the knob will be good...especially since I won't have to open the door. On my last trailer, I was glad when some of them went dim...with 2 awning lights, it's crazy bright.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1