User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - pretty confident Rob has the 1/4 mile time and speed test stats. - along with fuel usage, HP/torque curves, tire rotations count, G force #s, drag coefficients, and a picture of Cate's smile when she won the race !

KC - my apologizes for continuing the off track performance.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    John - pretty confident Rob has the 1/4 mile time and speed test stats. - along with fuel usage, HP/torque curves, tire rotations count, G force #s, drag coefficients, and a picture of Cate's smile when she won the race !

KC - my apologizes for continuing the off track performance.

Dan
    But can a F150 with HDPP beat them both over the 1/4 mile?
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife has a Fusion Titanuim EB with AWD and thing is pretty quick also. The only thing I'm not fond of is the sound of the engine when you step on it. It sounds really wimpy until you get it wound up a little. I guess I'm just to use to the old varoom V8 muscle cars (had a few of those). We do have a little Miata MX5 that I have done some exhaust work on and it sounds better than the EB. Both of them have dual exhaust but the MX5 just sounds better.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Car&Driver . . . 0-60 is 5.7 seconds for the Ecoboost F150 and 7.2 seconds for the diesel F350. Both 4x4 CrewCabs. The HDPP might be a little quicker with its 3.73 rear axle vs the 3.55 tested.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    According to Car&Driver . . . 0-60 is 5.7 seconds for the Ecoboost F150 and 7.2 seconds for the diesel F350. Both 4x4 CrewCabs. The HDPP might be a little quicker with its 3.73 rear axle vs the 3.55 tested.

Rob
    Now do the same test with 10k+ lbs behind you going up a hill. . Oh yea decibels in your ear is a factor too....

Sorry couldn’t resist.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dan - I was talking to my Ford dealer the other day about HDPP F150s . . . he says he only sells a couple of these a year. I said . . . Hell! I sell more than that!

Rob
    I don't post much - but Rob sold me!
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Now do the same test with 10k+ lbs behind you going up a hill. . Oh yea decibels in your ear is a factor too....

Sorry couldn’t resist.
    Yeah . . . that would definitely come out differently . But, there are always 18 wheelers on the hills that I have to pull out to pass with 10,000 lbs in tow.
    You can definitely hear the turbo spin up if you have the window open, but engine noise is not annoying. Similar noise level to newer diesels and definitely quieter than diesels from a few years ago.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah . . . that would definitely come out differently . But, there are always 18 wheelers on the hills that I have to pull out to pass with 10,000 lbs in tow.
    You can definitely hear the turbo spin up if you have the window open, but engine noise is not annoying. Similar noise level to newer diesels and definitely quieter than diesels from a few years ago.

Rob
    Hi Rob, it is all in good fun... One of the main reasons I went diesel was the gear range/ RPM of the engines. Having towed for years with a gasser, that 4000+ RPM whine always stressed me out over long periods of hill climbs and fighting head winds. I know the engine is designed for it but my brain still says STOP! No matter how strong the eco boost is, it is still a gasser and needs that high RPM to get its HP.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Rob our son is a master mechanic and the head mechanic in the shop that he is at. He believes that Ecoboost is one of the best engines on the market. He sees less problems from it then most other engines.
    But we knew that. I pulled my 10K fiver for 3 seasons with my 2011 Ecoboost. The new engine for 2017 is supposed to be even better.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Hi Rob, it is all in good fun... One of the main reasons I went diesel was the gear range/ RPM of the engines. Having towed for years with a gasser, that 4000+ RPM whine always stressed me out over long periods of hill climbs and fighting head winds. I know the engine is designed for it but my brain still says STOP! No matter how strong the eco boost is, it is still a gasser and needs that high RPM to get its HP.

Jim
    Hi Jim - I have seldom seen 4000 RPM when towing with the Ecoboost. Highway towing cruise is 60 MPH at 2100 RPM. The turbos give the Ecoboost a “diesel shaped” torque curve reaching full torque before 2000 RPM.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast