User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip out -- very successful!

We just got back from an overnight trip with our new 295RL fifth wheel. Alot of firsts for this trip:

- First trip with our 295RL
    - First time camping/towing a fifth wheel
    - First trip towing with our "new" truck (a 2010 Ram 2500)

This was really just a break-in trip to see if there were any initial issues that needed to be fixed by the dealer. I'm happy to say that, aside from a few cosmetic issues, we didn't see anything that really needed to be addressed. We were very excited to finally spend some time in the new rig, particularly after having spent the last 15 years in a "kid friendly" TT. And we were definitely not disappointed -- very nice to have that amount of room in the new rig.

Based on this one very short trip we are really pleased with the decision to go with GD and with this particular fifth wheel. I was a bit apprehensive towing a fifth wheel for the first time, but other than having to get adjusted to some differences in backing the rig up it wasn't too different than hauling our TT. We are definitely looking forward to many enjoyable trips to come.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats GLScmidt. Now the fun begins...where to camp next.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I hope y’all have many more
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Pics are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Site Sponsor The_Traveling_Neelys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just put a down payment on 295RL. Hope to see you on the road.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your first successful trip in your new camper! We bought our first camper last year. Our families had been camping for years and owned various brands of campers so we had a good idea of what we wanted. Two of my relatives bought GD campers and we fell in love with their features and quality materials. One of the biggest things we look for is the style of the cabinets. If the wood looks fake and cheap, it would be a deal breaker for us. GD has some of the nicer wood cabinets we think.

We bought our 28BH late last year and we were able to get out twice before having to store the unit for the winter. I had never pulled a fifth wheel before in my life. I've towed small trailers and my boat but never a fifth wheel before. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it towed. I have a steep driveway and I was worried how it would go. My wife was my spotter and did a fabulous job. She'd never done anything like that before but was great. Having a partner or person you can put your trust in is a big deal. Taking your time is another important thing as well. Going out on short trips helps to build confidence.

The few trips we went on went very well. We had a few small issues but I was able to resolve them myself. We are so happy with our choice to go GD. There are similar plans out there but nothing that seems to offer everything the GD does. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

Congratulations again on your new camper and hopefully you have many years of camping ahead!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on a great first trip. Hope you have many more, and hopefully longer great trips.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, congrats! I'm quite sure the excitement of getting out there and set up with incredible! Now if this cold weather would break, we can start our Midwest camping season so we can do the same!
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]