Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I walked off a dealers lot one day when I heard them tell a customer that they could tow a TT with a VW SUV. Guy was all excited until I told him that the VW couldn't even tow my boat without blowing up!

"Come one, come all get a little bottle of Cuz' Joe's mighty elixir. Cures all that ails ya, just pour a bottle into the tank of your little car and it can pull the empire state building, but sign here first!"
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    I walked off a dealers lot one day when I heard them tell a customer that they could tow a TT with a VW SUV. Guy was all excited until I told him that the VW couldn't even tow my boat without blowing up!
    Not sure how the payload numbers look but the 2017 VW Touareg is advertised as a 7716#s. Not trying to start towing arguments, just saying that while there are dealers that will claim a bike could tow a trailer there are also people who will try to tell you that only large trucks can tow trailers.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Not sure how the payload numbers look but the 2017 VW Touareg is advertised as a 7716#s. Not trying to start towing arguments, just saying that while there are dealers that will claim a bike could tow a trailer there are also people who will try to tell you that only large trucks can tow trailers.
    My Durango was 7200lbs. Those are all about the same as that f150 with the 2.7l engine. And pulling a lighter TT is fine. In any case it won’t tow a GVW of 12 to 14k trailer like was mentioned above. At least not successfully for a long period of time...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, sorry I should have clarified. It was only in response to the comment that a VW SUV could not tow a TT. If I were on a lot and a dealer told me a lie about how much I could tow and then another person made a statement on the other end of the spectrum that I couldn't tow anything I would probably be pretty annoyed at both haha.

I looked up with 2015 F150 2.7 just for background and Ford shows 7,300 on the low end and 8,400 on the high end based on options/packages/trims. (of course still leaving open the obvious discussion about actual payload capacity vs towing capacity)
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Yup, sorry I should have clarified. It was only in response to the comment that a VW SUV could not tow a TT. If I were on a lot and a dealer told me a lie about how much I could tow and then another person made a statement on the other end of the spectrum that I couldn't tow anything I would probably be pretty annoyed at both haha.

I looked up with 2015 F150 2.7 just for background and Ford shows 7,300 on the low end and 8,400 on the high end based on options/packages/trims. (of course still leaving open the obvious discussion about actual payload capacity vs towing capacity)
    IF you haven’t seen it check out the VWBug 5th wheel... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7-Y7eqNw8
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Haha that is awesome. I think I am going to sell my current setup and go find one of these.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be ok,as long as you only tow down hill
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I think it would be ok,as long as you only tow down hill
    That all depends on Lippert or Dexter axles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    "I have a 2015 Ford F150 2.7 eco boost and we bought a Wildcat Light Fifth Wheel. I ask several times over to make sure that we could pull it and were told yes. We just got off the first trip and every time we hit a bump, our truck would wheelie. Someone please help me understand what to do. My husband bought air bags and on the way there had them set at 15 but on way back set to 8. The trip was a scary nightmare and I do not know what to do or how to fix the problem. Someone please help."
    Rob
    This has to be a fabricated bunch of BS that someone started just to see what kind of reaction they would get. I personally don't believe a word of it.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be looking at the dealer. The dealer I used to buy my last two RV's provided me with very specific towing weights/specs for the coach I was buying. The salesman also looked up the capacities for my truck. For the coach I just bought, I told him not to worry about it as this was not my first rodeo, but he insisted saying it was company policy. Then, when it came time to purchase, I had to sign a document indicating that I fully understood the towing requirements as explained by the dealer. In short, this is precisely what a good dealer does and this behavior makes RV'ing safer for everyone. Not only that, but when In picked up my current coach from these folks, they had a technician go over my entire setup to insure the rig was properly configured - hitch, electrical, squat, mirrors - the works. I hope someone got that terrified woman and likely equally terrified husband back to the dealer ASAP, although perhaps they should seek help from a different (better) dealer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast