Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All manufactures end up putting out a bad one out there once in awhile. Truck, car, RV or home you name it, no one's perfect. Even GD does, but with GD they will make sure they make it right.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    All manufactures end up putting out a bad one out there once in awhile. Truck, car, RV or home you name it, no one's perfect. Even GD does, but with GD they will make sure they make it right.
    Agreed, and the poster had it taken care of under lemon laws in place for just that reason. Unfortunately campers don’t have lemon laws like autos do. While GD has been good to customers there are more horror stories then any of us can count on other RV manufacturers that have shafted customers with cheap defective campers. Maybe that is part of why I bought GD. . YMMV...

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I can't complain about GD. So far (knock on wood) they have taken care of the couple of small fixes on our reflection. But ford put in 5 transmissions in the first year, and never admitted there was a problem until I hired a lawyer. All in all I love my 2016 F-450. Towing my GD Reflection over grape vine in Calif. ( I believe it's a 10% grade, for many miles) the truck holds 70+mph on cruise control. As long as the Chip's are not around [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I can't complain about GD. So far (knock on wood) they have taken care of the couple of small fixes on our reflection. But ford put in 5 transmissions in the first year, and never admitted there was a problem until I hired a lawyer. All in all I love my 2016 F-450. Towing my GD Reflection over grape vine in Calif. ( I believe it's a 10% grade, for many miles) the truck holds 70+mph on cruise control. As long as the Chip's are not around [emoji2]

Well, that's a true leap of faith or you are a true Ford lover - 5 trannys and a lawyer and you bought another one? I'm with you - my F350 diesel dually pulls a 15K rig up, down, over and under at 70 mph all day and all night. Couldn't be happier with a truck.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Actually, the max on "The Grapevine" (Tejon Pass) is 7%. Most of it is 4 - 5% with a little 6% mixed in.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Actually, the max on "The Grapevine" (Tejon Pass) is 7%. Most of it is 4 - 5% with a little 6% mixed in.

Rob
    Correct. Interstates can't be more than 7% grade.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    I was unsure of what the Max is heading South, but it's one of the steepest grades I have been on outside of Yellowstone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The AUH may have something to do with this. See the observations by Johndeerfarmer in this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...=F150+andersen I must admit that I don't know why this would be, because I have accidentally towed (per my earlier post on this thread) with my manual slider hitch in the aft position and did not notice any significant difference in how the truck handled. I do have the HDPP, but the description of this situations says he has air bags. hmmmm

Rob
    I also have a manual slider and I always tow with it in the rear position and have towed trailers up to 20,000 lbs. Even with the hitch in the rear position it should have been fine. I think a lot of the issue maybe not enough air in the bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im pretty sure the wife was just scared and blowing things our of proportion like I know mine does when ever we are pulling a trailer. I have only bounced the front wheels on a dozen or so trips in the last 9 years and every one of those times have been in a heavy tow truck. I have towed 12’x48’ mobile homes behine my pickup and never bounced front tires even over loaded that bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234