Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool First Year Check-up

I took our GD 311BHS in to get its first year check-up. Most of the work I could have done myself, but I wanted to have the axles checked for grease. I would like to give a big shout out to Grand Design and to ExploreUSA in Seguin for not only checking the axles but for replacing the grease seals and the backing plates. Most folks would have just said clean the backing plates and re-use, but GD agreed to replace them at the request of ExploreUSA.

All though this forum we hear about Grand Design stepping up and taking care of their owners (including me several times), but they also take care of their dealers in making them look good to the buyer.

Now let's get a big weather warm up so we can start camping again. Our winter in Texas has been colder than usual, snow when you didn't expect it, sleet, wind and just dadgum cold. I feel for the rest of the country, but I'm ready to head to the campground!
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just reminded me, I've got to get under the rig and see what brand of axles I have.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine goes in for it's 1 year check up the 9th of next month. I am expecting grease seal issues.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to have them checked. Our dealership told me that they have seen GD purchased in early 2017 thru mid 2017 have the bad seals. They thought it was about 6-8 months where GD got a bad batch of axles from Libbert. Make sure that you suggest to your service rep that if the backing plates are covered in grease that they as GD for new backing plates also.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel