Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to B&W sight and get the numbers from there. http://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pdf/fifth/97993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful of The B+W site listed. I ran the numbers for my truck a GMC 2500HD 4 wheel drive double cab ( had to use Chevy for the site) and it came back with a GVWR of 13,000 lbs. my actual GVWR is 9500 lbs. by there calculation i could potentially pull a fish wheel with a pin weight in excess of 3000 lbs . my payload sticker is 2750lbs. They did get the tow rating of 14200 correct.

Dave
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably go by tire and axle ratings instead of payload. More realistic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo! The sticker on the door applies to the rating of the tires that are factory installed. The actual ratings of the axles themselves are higher. The difference between a 3500 and a 2500 is basically an extra spring leaf and higher rated tires (SRW). Drivetrains, brakes and frames are the same components, possibly calibrated differently due to relaxed regulations because of them being 1 tons. Obviously, DRW trucks have two extra tires and a wider base and will be superior in towing high/heavy loads. Payload and GVWR ratings are based on warranty concerns by the manufacturers. The important ratings are the tires, axles and gross combined weight. Proper proportions of these ratings will result in a decent pull.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123