Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion backup camera install

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...1&d=1513950040

The photo is the rear of a Reflection fifthwheel with Furrion Mount. I am trying to install Backup camera to the running lights.

In this photo, does anyone know which wires are what? The white and green are the running lights, the Black wire with the connector, plugs into camera, that leaves the 2 black wires, is that the camera wire that has been cut, one end is taped, and the other with the black and red leads will be connected to the running lights?

Thanks Mark
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 02-23-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    2018 GD Reflection 303rls (built 4/4/17) TST 507 TPMS
    1996 Ford F-350 7.3 Powerstroke CC 4x4 SRW John Woods Tranny (400 hp) 166k miles
    B&W TurnoverBall w/Companion 20k fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I advise you to check the polarity of the green and white wires
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say for sure. But after looking at the manual, I would say the black wire with the red and black leads splayed out are the other end of the male adapter plug for the camera. These were probably pulled up with the existing always on wire that is now sticking out the light mount with the tape on the ends. Red and black wire will now be spliced into the corresponding leads for the running light.

Just my guess.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyn56 View Post
    I can't say for sure. But after looking at the manual, I would say the black wire with the red and black leads splayed out are the other end of the male adapter plug for the camera. These were probably pulled up with the existing always on wire that is now sticking out the light mount with the tape on the ends. Red and black wire will now be spliced into the corresponding leads for the running light.

Just my guess.
    You are correct. The picture posted by Mark is actually one that I posted last summer. I must have had a brain fart because it doesn't appear I took a picture of the final connections to the running lights, and I don't recall the polarity. A quick check with a voltmeter should provide that info.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    You are correct. The picture posted by Mark is actually one that I posted last summer. I must have had a brain fart because it doesn't appear I took a picture of the final connections to the running lights, and I don't recall the polarity. A quick check with a voltmeter should provide that info.
    So were you able to access both the running light connections and the camera through the running light opening? No need to remove the camera mount base plate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. I was able to snag the camera cable thru the hole behind the light mount using a wire coat hanger. Be careful- the edge of the hole is very sharp. If you poke your finger into it, you are likely to leave some of your finger behind.
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. I was able to snag the camera cable thru the hole behind the light mount using a wire coat hanger. Be careful- the edge of the hole is very sharp. If you poke your finger into it, you are likely to leave some of your finger behind.
    Thanks that simplifies the next project! Could I also asked what sealant was used to reinstall the light?

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a tube of 100% silicone caulk (clear). In addition to sealing the running light back plate, be sure to put a dab on each mounting screw for both the light and the camera.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a tube of 100% silicone caulk (clear). In addition to sealing the running light back plate, be sure to put a dab on each mounting screw for both the light and the camera.
    So regular silicon, I know there is a special sealer for roof applications so that’s why I asked. Appreciate the help,, like to have every thing on hand when I get up there.
    Dave

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500