Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Great thread! I have owned my current camper for 19 years and I just stayed at my first RV park last week for 4 days. We were visiting Portland for Fleet Week and the Rose Festival (my son's ship was there from Hawaii). I didn't use the hookups except to the dump before I left. The place was manicured but the spaces were very tight (IMHO). All of the campers around us were full time still working middle age and older folks. I usually just camp in the forest or NP. After 4 days my wife and I looked at each other and agreed this was not the type of place for us. It was a real eye opener and a learning experience.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boyfriend and I are definitely 'nature campers.' We boat a lot and like to hike so we'll be near water or the woods vs. finding campgrounds near cities or other tourist attractions.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fldiver View Post
    Great question, as a real "newbie" I sure would like to know whats the best process in finding one RV camping style? I think I have some sort of "plan" and glad we decided to scale back a bit on first RV size, just wished we decided that before buying the towing vehicle. For us we are at least 8 or so years from retirement so our vacation times will be limited to the typical 3-4 weeks a year. What I think we will do to get some quick RV exposure is to park the RV locally in the fall, say after September and use it as a type of weekend getaway location. There are some really nice RV parks in our area (Baldwin County, AL) so I think we should be good to go for now, definitely open to any suggestions?
    So, what are your favorite parks there in Baldwin County? We go back and forth to OBA quite a bit.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're newbies at this, but after 6000 mi ln our now 77 day summer trip, my wife definitely likes the higher end private rv parks with nice level concrete pads, clean facilities, and 50 amps. I like those too but I also like national park sites.

I had originally thought about boondocking, but with 2 adults and 3 six year olds, we have to dump every 2 days with our small 43 gal grey tanks.

When available, we really appreciate being near good restaurants for when we feel like we don't want to cook. Unfortunately I'm a restaurant snob, having lived most of my life in San Francisco and now summering in Vancouver. Many out of the way places just don't have any good restaurants. That's why I'm really glad to have a kitchen.

I really like rv glamping, but my wife still prefers 4 to 5 star hotels. I'm working on getting her come around. The kids however, LOVE camping.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    When available, we really appreciate being near good restaurants ... I'm a restaurant snob.... Many out of the way places just don't have any good restaurants. .
    It's a dilemma for sure. Is there anyone who does not enjoy good food? Most of the best food we have ever had was from mom and pop restaurants that the average city dweller would never venture into. Flip side is we have had some really bad meals also. That's the adventure of it.

We eat too well, just look at our belt line.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12