Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    That kind of makes a case for keeping a spare. At some point the warranty will expire and having a spare could save a lot of grief.
    I was thinking the same. Perhaps request a replacement board instead of reimbursement at dealer cost.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Ordered a circuit board from Amazon. 3 minute installation and it Fixed the problem.

I sent warranty reimbursement request to Dometic/Atwood. They said they would test my old board and if found defective would reimburse me the dealer cost on the part, not the retail cost I paid.

All local trailer dealers were booked 6+ weeks out. Local mobile RV repair shops wanted trip charge of $65-$75 which would not be covered so I decided to eat the difference between dealer cost and retail. The plus is the sense of accomplishment fixing it myself. Priceless.
    UPDATE: Dometic/Atwood has agreed to reimburse me the $149 I paid for a replacement board and will send a UPS pick up tag to send the defective one back to them.

When I called them they told me the process was slow. They were right. It took 4 weeks to agree to warranty claim and they now said it would take another 30-45 days to process a check. Still I’m happy with the results.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    UPDATE: Dometic/Atwood has agreed to reimburse me the $149 I paid for a replacement board and will send a UPS pick up tag to send the defective one back to them.

When I called them they told me the process was slow. They were right. It took 4 weeks to agree to warranty claim and they now said it would take another 30-45 days to process a check. Still I’m happy with the results.

Jerry
    Great news.

A slow check is better then no check.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same exact thing happening to us. Is the board an easy swap? Atwood booklet no real help. Another weird thing I noticed is my propane change over valve stays green even on an empty tank. I turned off both tanks and even unhooked them......still green. Thought this might be part of the problem but heat and stove still works. Coincidence?

Any good site for showing how to pull and clean the flame tube? Started pulling some 1/4 inch screws but stopped short.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Same exact thing happening to us. Is the board an easy swap? Atwood booklet no real help. Another weird thing I noticed is my propane change over valve stays green even on an empty tank. I turned off both tanks and even unhooked them......still green. Thought this might be part of the problem but heat and stove still works. Coincidence?

Any good site for showing how to pull and clean the flame tube? Started pulling some 1/4 inch screws but stopped short.....
    The board is a very easy swap.
    Disconnect the 2 cables (may have to push tab to release the connector)
    Unplug the spark/sense black wire by pulling the spade connector from the board with a pair of pliers
    Remove the 2 screws holding the board down with a 1/4” driver and the board is disconnected and loose

Mount the new board with the 2 screws removed
    Plug in the black wire and the 2 cables and your done.
    Jerry & Linda

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks just went out and re looked.....took shower to use a bunch of hot water.....turned on the gas and went outside.....heard click, smelled propane but no light.....still sound like the board?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replaced the board yesterday. Worked for the day, now I get a fault light. It does the same thing it did before.....smell propane, clicks but no ignition.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Just replaced the board yesterday. Worked for the day, now I get a fault light. It does the same thing it did before.....smell propane, clicks but no ignition.....
    From reviews of the board it’s not that unusual for a new board to suffer from Infant mortality.
    Jerry & Linda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123