Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the inner appears to be part # 68249201AA
    https://www.moparpartscounter.com/oe...RpZXNlbA%3D%3D

A simple Google search of that part# I came up with this page and the photo looks promising but I got a feeling not correct. I sent an email to the sales dept.
    https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...8249201AA.html

And an Ebay link. I am thinking this is for the outer wheels though.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-3...RZuChB&vxp=mtr

Something isnt quite lining up here. I am starting to think the part#68249201AA that my top link says is an inner must be wrong on that site. 2 different searches so pictures of the metal set up which would be the outer. I will follow up when I hear back from the sales dept.
    Last edited by roady1; 03-05-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: edit
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    The rims on the rear of my '15 Ford are not the same. The inside rims are steel & the outer wheels are aluminum. The front rims are completely different. So all you can do to rotate them is from side to side. I do this with the fronts, but the rears are not worth it.
    I have straight one inch extensions on my valves & a Slime brand gauge with the angled head thingy. My stems are steel not rubber. Don't seem to have too much problem.
    I'd change to solid stems if you have tried everything else with no satisfaction.
    On Both my Fords one an F350 the other an F450 the front rims are the same as the outer rear rims you just have to flip them around. Then rotate the steal rims side to side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is correct.
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had rubber valve stems and extensions on the inner steel wheels that came with the truck. I replaced them with metal extenders. The rubber ones are rated up to 80 PSI cold tire rating although you’re supposed to run the dually rears at 65. I long ago took all the wheel weights off and installed balance masters so I didn’t sweat changing the stems or extenders to metal or worry about keeping the inner and outer wheels indexed to each other. As for rotating tires, I just swap the rear pairs.

I also use the TireMinder TPMS. For reasons of galvanic compatibility, they make sensors for brass/steel stems and for aluminum stems. Be sure to order the right type if you go with the TM system. They recommend carefully putting a little dab of anti-seize on the threads of the stem and not over torquing the sensors.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    roady1 - that is the correct part number (68249201AA) for the tpms sensor with metal stem attached. When I had new tires installed I replaced two bad sensors and inspected the tpms sensor on the inner steels (2014 Ram 3500). They both had the same P/N on them, and the same 434MHz. The dealer doesn't even know how to find the inner rubber valve stem! Someone else asked about aftermarket solid stems with tpms sensors. Yes, it can be done. But, Chrysler made the tpms and valve stem square where they are screwed together. The aftermarket ones are NOT square so you have to buy 2 new sensors at ~$130 each. Any good tire shop can order, install, and link the new sensors to the truck. I also have wanted to do the metal upgrade and add extensions, but also have concerns with balancing. I thought about using equal again, but sometimes I have good experience with it and sometimes its not so good. I think the real solution is a 19.5" Super Single!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12