User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Have the Curt A18 on our 230RL. Like it but get Creeks and some play when I turn [Is that normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's a moot point now since you've gotten your trailer, but I just bought a Reflection 230RL and had a B+W Sliding Companion installed in my 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Std. Bed truck. I may not have needed to go with a sliding hitch, but the tech discovered that the installation instructions (and their website) warn not to use a wedge (like the Turning Point pinbox uses) with the either B+W hitch (sliding or non-sliding). So, more weight and more cost, but at least I could pull another standard 5th wheel with it.

David
    Last edited by CentralVA; 05-26-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2019 Reflection 230RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 4WD, Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V-8, Double Cab, Standard Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    B&W heads are removable as well. B&W=made in the USA.
    Curt=made in China.
    Somebody better tell Curt Manufacturing that their products are made in China because they think they are made in Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Florida. They also have a plant in The Philippines but not in China.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 10% of the folks who have voted in this poll have Curt hitches so they are fairly well represented:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-currently-use

By comparison, I'm the only person out of the 149 who have voted to date that has a Hensley BD3 air bag hitch.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dfreeman View Post
    Somebody better tell Curt Manufacturing that their products are made in China because they think they are made in Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Florida. They also have a plant in The Philippines but not in China.
    Curt manufacture their WDH here but their 5th hitches are made in China. Order one and look what is says on the outside of the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be true as everything else these days is fake news. I would love to look at my hitch box but Amazon is really having a problem getting the hitch to me. Ordered 9 days ago prime delivery and still no hitch. They claim UPS lost the first one and the replacement shipment still hasn't gotten to UPS as of this morning. If the hitch is indeed made in China, if I can ever verify it, I will notify Curt of their false advertising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Curt manufacture their WDH here but their 5th hitches are made in China. Order one and look what is says on the outside of the box.
    I finally received a hitch today from Amazon after waiting 11 days instead of the 3 days advertised on the website. Anyway, after all that waiting they sent the wrong model to me. Sent a Q25 instead of an A16. I searched all over the entire box and there is no mention of made in China on the outside or inside. There is also no mention of made in USA either so I have no clue. Either way, I've returned this hitch for a refund and ordered from Etrailer.com so maybe I can finally take delivery of my new Reflection next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very limited experience, new to fifth wheel pulling. Tried to pickup at Reflection 150 230RL yesterday. Dealer installed a 16k Curt hitch. Set up the pin box with the locking wedge at the hitch. Got about 7 miles down the road when i noticed that something didn't look right. Stopped and walked around the truck and trailer, the pin bock wasn't square to the truck/hitch. Since the box isn't supposed to be pivoting here, that concerned me (a lot!). So I turned around and went back to the dealer. Turns out that the wedge that gets installed to make the pin box pivot 22 inches back from the hitch isn't compatible with that Curt hitch.

Dealer ordered a new Reese hitch. Should be in in a couple of days. Curious to see how it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyCamper View Post
    Very limited experience, new to fifth wheel pulling. Tried to pickup at Reflection 150 230RL yesterday. Dealer installed a 16k Curt hitch. Set up the pin box with the locking wedge at the hitch. Got about 7 miles down the road when i noticed that something didn't look right. Stopped and walked around the truck and trailer, the pin bock wasn't square to the truck/hitch. Since the box isn't supposed to be pivoting here, that concerned me (a lot!). So I turned around and went back to the dealer. Turns out that the wedge that gets installed to make the pin box pivot 22 inches back from the hitch isn't compatible with that Curt hitch.

Dealer ordered a new Reese hitch. Should be in in a couple of days. Curious to see how it works.
    Sounds like you had the wrong wedge installed. The wedge that comes with the Turning Point pin box often will not work with the Curt hitches. If you have an A16 hitch you will need a Curt #16992 wedge. If you have an E16 hitch you will need a Curt #16991 wedge. Much less work to change out and probably cheaper too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. What is your, and others, opinion on Reese versus Curt?

The hitch was included in the purchase of the camper, so I'm not on the hook for the cost difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast