Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how was the camping trip? We have never been there to camp and it is on the list.

Tony P
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourpells View Post
    So how was the camping trip? Tony P
    We enjoyed our stay. The temps had started to climb, so we became concerned about leaving the dogs in the RV while we did our adventures. Dogs are not allowed on the trails of Joshua Tree NP. As a result we stayed at 29 Palm RV resort. 50amp hookup so we could run the A/C's without worry.

We enjoyed the park itself, 4x4 roads, rock climbing, hiking, auto touring. Pack extra water.

Here's one of those sad but true stories. We had originally made a reservation at the Lazy H mobile home park and RV park. When we went to check in the lady told us she had a nice big site for us to back into. Sorry about the back in site, they were renovating the pull through sites. No Problem, so we walk over to the site she had, low and behold the neighbor had a pickup truck parked on the site. Looked to be 1997 S10 filled with gardening tools. Yes the neighbor was in a mobile home. The owner knocked on the door and asked the occupant to please move the truck, well it turns out it was friend of her boyfriends truck and they had parked it and left to go do something, she didn't have the keys. No, she couldn't call them, they had no cell phones, too expensive. The owner said that if the truck is removed she will have it towed away and heads back to the office.

I go back to the truck and explain this all to Barbara. I use my cell phone to call 29 palms and see if they have a site for us, they did. I went over to the office and explained to the owner that we had decided to just go on down to the other RV park, they had an open site for us. She was very nice and apologized for the inconvenience.

Yes we would have stayed there if the spot had been open, Barbara and I have lived in worse conditions when we were younger so had no fear of the place, but I would have kept everything locked up.

We left JTree and headed down to Oceanside, CA, stayed Guojome Regional Park, rode our bikes down to and along the beach, ate fish sandwiches.

We are now up at Idlyllwild, CA, supposedly to climb Tahquitz Rock, spend most of yesterday exploring, decided the climbs where not worth the work for us to get the gear up the mountain, had a nice hike though.

We are going to go to Universal Studios California Monday. We visited the one in Florida many times while we lived there, it will be interesting to see the differences.

Safe Travels!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi we just moved to Palm Springs, we want to take our 35’ Solitude up to Big Bear Lake sometime. Best way to get there? San Bernardino way or Lucerne Valley (which looks straight up!). Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously I searched and found this thread years later... can anyone tell me if it's safe to disconnect and leave your rig at the south BLM and drive to the north end and back for hiking?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth HoBo View Post
    Obviously I searched and found this thread years later... can anyone tell me if it's safe to disconnect and leave your rig at the south BLM and drive to the north end and back for hiking?
    We have stayed at the south BLM several times without any issues. Try and set up near others (but not too near). Put your stuff away and lock everything up just as you would anywhere.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12