Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28BH main slide issues.

Hello everyone! Need some help. Has anyone here on this forum had issues with there main slide on 28BH? Mine when slide is operated it rips the U-dinette from wall on side closest to Fridge. I reinforced the seating part of it but could not remount it to wall so took it to dealer. Well all they did was insert some new screws so when I picked up and tested it rip from wall again. To me I looks like there is too much flex in walls
    when slide operates. Or slide is not moving evenly. There have been multiple owners reporting this issue on the Facebook page. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has had this issue and had it repaired properly? That way I know what needs to be done before I pick it up. I thought about contacting GD with a email and may still do that.

I'm at the end of my Warranty and don't want a band aide fix that's going to reoccur later on.

Thanks for any help
    2017 Reflection 28bh
    2005 F250 SB SRW powestroke
    Anderson ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this seems to be a common issue amongst owners of the 28BH, including us. What we realized tonight is that the main slide is sitting further to the right and is not centered. This is causing issues on the side where the fridge is located. When pulling the slide in the wiper seal is getting torn and the d-seal is getting drawn in also and tearing. It is causing the dinette to pull away from the wall near the fridge. It is also creating a gap on the other side where we can see to the outside at the floor. I am calling GD tomorrow to discuss and get it into our dealer to have the slide adjusted properly. Best of luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that my dinette back has also pulled away from the wall. My slide is fairly square to the camper and runs in and out fairly even. What I did notice is that the floor of the slide flexes. When I step on the slide floor near the fridge side of the dinette you can feel and see the back of the dinette pull away from the wall when you step on the slide. I am not sure if this is an issue or not. I think the true fix is by reinforcing the floor of the slide. If this is a promblem that could damage something then I would hope GD would send out a service bulletin / recall to have it repaired correctly.

Check yours out to see if it pulls away more when you step on the slide floor while it is retracted into the camper.

Let me know what you find and keep us posted on what GDRV says.

Thanks
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)