Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie with 312BHTS

Very exited to join the community. Love my new camper, I pick it up Wednesday.

My last trailer I had a 3000 watt inverter, 4 golf cart batteries and a solar system. Hesitant to do the same thing to this one. Talk me into it.

��
    Last edited by Cokely; 04-07-2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typos

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naaah, just hang around here for a while and we'll find lots of other ways to spend your money. <G>

Welcome.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from another 312 owner! Just add it to the list of projects, there's always some to come up with after all. Spent all afternoon yesterday working on some for ours. Getting ready to head out full time in the next couple of weeks with it.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome messages. Can’t figure out how to put a tv in the bunkhouse. Cabs hookups and power in the ceiling above bunk, but can’t find the backing for a mount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokely View Post
    Thank you for the welcome messages. Can’t figure out how to put a tv in the bunkhouse. Cabs hookups and power in the ceiling above bunk, but can’t find the backing for a mount.
    You must have a different set up than we do. We just got one the other day and it sits in the cabinet on a stand for now with plug and jacks inside it. We have been moving it back and forth to the truck while we travel for the kids to watch Netflix on.

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I got screwed on my purchase. I specifically asked for the bunkhouse with the entertainment center. They delivered me a different one. Won’t fix it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is that I love my coach, it's just there's no where to mount a TV in the bunk house for my kids, and the stove that I got wasn't the Furrion LED backlit, it's some Atwood that I didn't even get a manual for. My shipping checklist clearly states a Furrion cooktop/oven, so I don't know what happened. All Grand Design is saying is that this is all a mistake and a big misunderstanding. But they won't fix their mistake or their big misunderstanding.

But on the flip side, my coach is absolutely amazing. So it's just just a love/hate relationship at this point
    Last edited by Cokely; 04-10-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typos

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Cokely,

I just posted on another new 311BHS about some tips for finding the backer plate. The same thing goes for the bunkhouse. Don't depend on the sticker. But you backing plate will be/should be on the back wall on the bunk above the outdoor kitchen. My dealer said that earlier versions had the backing plate on the roof next to the cable jack/plug. Anyway get some magnets for Home Depot/Lowes and start a real slow search along the back wall until they "stick". Continue until you get an outline. As far as getting an entertainment center in the bunk, GD may be doing you a favor. You can purchase a lot better TV and DVD player for a lot less money. Then you can mount it to the wall or leave it and place it on the steps so that you can watch it from the couch. FYI if you mounting plate is where our is you can't see the TV from the couch with the door open.

Keep on the dealer about the stove and contact GD customer service. Send them the purchase order with the Furrion order. I'm guessing that the dealer forgot to order it and is now CYA. Not hard to change out, but I'm betting once you get the outdoor kitchen set up you'll rarely use the indoor stove or oven. Mostly the convection oven in the microwave.

Hope you enjoy the 311 as much as we have. If you have joined the forum, do some searches on bedroom tv mounts and you'll see several that recommend a mounting bracket and a bunch from me about the magnetics as well as setting up the 311BH.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokely View Post
    The sad thing is that I love my coach, it's just there's no where to mount a TV in the bunk house for my kids, and the stove that I got wasn't the Furrion LED backlit, it's some Atwood that I didn't even get a manual for. My shipping checklist clearly states a Furrion cooktop/oven, so I don't know what happened. All Grand Design is saying is that this is all a mistake and a big misunderstanding. But they won't fix their mistake or their big misunderstanding.

But on the flip side, my coach is absolutely amazing. So it's just just a love/hate relationship at this point
    Don't have the LED stove in ours either that I see in other ones. Not sure why. Wasn't too worried about it, the lights in the chairs gets a tad annoying already. I would have much preferred a 12v light over the stove though. Kind of sucks trying to cook something on it when boon docking. I can't wait to use the outdoor one finally. The last week and a half has not exactly been friendly weather for that though. Hell, we have come nearly all the way across the country now and have yet to have a campfire!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast