Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    All checked out OK.

See previous post about incredibly heavy rain yesterday... always unlikely that rain was the culprit, and after yesterday's deluge I'd say that's ruled out.

No chance a tank overflowed... black and both grays were dumped the day before and I'm alone here. People often say I'm full of it but...

The fresh tank has never been filled (AFAIK); been on city water during all three months it's been used.

This came up at the campfire this morning, might try it. However since the Nautilus valves haven't changed position since I set them up for city water three months ago, how does the system start leaking and then stop leaking there? And again, no sign of leaking anywhere in the utility space, just the water on top of the gray tank but no indication of how it got there. No water on the little raised floor above the tank (where the electricals are attached), no dripping from any pipes or drains, nothing.

A real puzzler.
    Don't rule out an Artesian well forming in the basement.

Good Luck finding the source.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    George and Sally

2006 Ford F-550 4x4
    2017 F-450 King Ranch Dually 4X4
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL, Load Range G tires added
    Three 160 Watt Solar panels up top, W/D and Dishwasher
    2006 Lance 1191 side entry truck camper, 1 slide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitch area? Maybe you're getting wind driven moisture when in motion?

Grasping at straws here.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Hitch area? Maybe you're getting wind driven moisture when in motion?

Grasping at straws here.
    OP says the unit has been on the same site for over two weeks.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it doesn't turn out to be a rain water issue. Then this thread will have to be moved again.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this out there, didn't somebody post they had an issue with the water tank filling up while on city water?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke66 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, didn't somebody post they had an issue with the water tank filling up while on city water?
    I don't think I do, unless I've got that problem AND the indicator panel is indicating it's empty while it's full.

Trailer has now been moved twice since this incident, back on city water at each new site. Not a drop appeared under the trailer where I had to drill a hole to drain the gallons on top of the Coroplast.

Each move had me using the black tank sprayer, as I had done the day before the incident and I was almost hoping that would be the problem. I open the dump valve, turn on water supply to the sprayer, and let it run for ages, 'til the water coming out looks drinkable. Not a drop leaked, twice.

I've filled the black and both gray tanks to (indicated) full capacity and drained them, even though when this was reported to me the tanks were less than 1/3 full. Not a drop.

I've crawled further into the utility space and wiggled stuff around while water pressure was on. Not a drop.

How does something leak so massively, and then stop leaking? I'm weeks from being able to have a dealer look at it, but (touch wood) it doesn't matter except that it's keeping me up at nights wondering what the hell happened.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I don't think I do, unless I've got that problem AND the indicator panel is indicating it's empty while it's full.

Trailer has now been moved twice since this incident, back on city water at each new site. Not a drop appeared under the trailer where I had to drill a hole to drain the gallons on top of the Coroplast.

Each move had me using the black tank sprayer, as I had done the day before the incident and I was almost hoping that would be the problem. I open the dump valve, turn on water supply to the sprayer, and let it run for ages, 'til the water coming out looks drinkable. Not a drop leaked, twice.

I've filled the black and both gray tanks to (indicated) full capacity and drained them, even though when this was reported to me the tanks were less than 1/3 full. Not a drop.

I've crawled further into the utility space and wiggled stuff around while water pressure was on. Not a drop.

How does something leak so massively, and then stop leaking? I'm weeks from being able to have a dealer look at it, but (touch wood) it doesn't matter except that it's keeping me up at nights wondering what the hell happened.
    Did you ever get this solved?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not explained yet. The trailer went to the dealer, where due to a staff problem it sat for over six weeks without anything being done. We retrieved the trailer last week to use it, and it's going back in a couple of weeks when they have promised to to the work quickly.

However I don't have high hopes... the problem didn't recur in weeks of using it after the event occurred. While we didn't get rain anywhere nearly as heavy as the Mississippi monsoon we had when this occurred - that was the heaviest rain I've ever seen in my life - we did get decent rainfalls a few times without any water appearing where it shouldn't be. I've checked the plumbing to death, including while briefly boosting regulator pressure from its usual 45lbs up to 55lbs on the theory that maybe something surged through the regulator, but not found any leaking.

So it's a mystery. If the dealer finds something I'll post the information in the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We JUST bought out 320mks and are having the same problem! Filled with gallons of water in 3 days hooked to city water. Started pouring out when tipped up to hook up to tow. Did you find out what the leak was? My husband is going to pull off the bottom and look but curious if you found a common problem they have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Img_5647.mov. Tried to post video but looks like it wont work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast