User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic5 View Post
    In my research for my new trailer your the third or fourth person that has recommended a temperature gun.. what is it used for? A/C? Tires? just for fun to know outside temp?

Checking tire temps
    Checking wheel hub temps
    Checking BBQ grill temps
    Checking A/C temps
    Anything and Everything

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regadimg the in line 30 amp fuse; you can buy a 30 amp automotive resettable fuse. It is a permanent fuse thst will automatically reset.
    To add to the list, I have a tool box packed full of misc. screwdrivers, assorted wrenches, screws, nuts, washers, plumbing fittings, glue etc. Hardly a trip that goes by that I don't have to tightened or otherwise fix something. Last week's trip saw a repair to ourTorxflex stairs as a bolt and nut had disappeared somewhere along the highway. Previous trips had me gluing and reattaching trim, Plumbing leak repairs, door adjustments, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Unless you're in an area with poor cell coverage the cell phones set on speaker are way more reliable than walkie talkies. Our walkie talkies seemed to always fail at critical moments.
    That's why we switched to the cell phones (CRS set in and someone failed to put them on charge), plus as the one in the TV it was a pain to try and push to talk . . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that I've learned to keep in my trailer has been a home made drip tray. I've had two leaks in my water manifold, which will slowly leak into the bedroom. We were fortunate that we found them almost immediately, so there's been no damage done. The problem is, you can't use any water - whether direct from city water, or from your pressurized water tank - because it will continue to drip.

The red circle shows the Tupperware drip pan. I took a drinking straw (green circle) and melted a hole into the drip tray, and then glued the straw and drip tray together. I then placed a piece of 2" x 4" underneath the drip tray and placed it directly under the WillLeak water manifold. So as the water drips into the tray, it then drains off through the straw and out to the drainage hole in the front cargo space. This at least keeps the trailer dry. When I had the manifold replaced, I kept the drip tray JUST IN CASE this problem would repeat itself. Sure enough, it came back.

I'll be making the mods that Rob documented to get rid of the defective design from Anderson. Until then, if you use water, you'll probably develop a leak. Make a plan ahead of time for how to mitigate the water leak when it occurs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180525_105259_1527260114114_resized_LI.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	13040
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180525_105328_1527260097907_resized_LI.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	13041
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep a note book and use it...needs, repairs wants etc... Someone mentioned "a good navigator"...man, I cannot tell you how vitally important that it! My wife finds routes, restaurants, and fuel stations for us that keeps ME outta trouble EVERY TRIP. It's amazing how much stuff you "think" you need in a RV. We just cleaned ours out to trade it in and, WOW. It was like a clown car...stuff just kept coming outta there. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get several battery operated moisture sensors. Place these where you are likely to have water leaks (such near water heater, under kitchen sink).

Early detection of water leaks is greatly preferred to having flooded basements.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    It wasn't hard either way (up or down), just a lot of turns, I mean a lot. . . . I would think a cordless impact would do it with ease (wasn't apart of my tool kit at the time). . . .
    A cordless drill works well. I’d not use an impact drill. There’s the chance that the impact action would shear a shear pin.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    A cordless drill works well. I’d not use an impact drill. There’s the chance that the impact action would shear a shear pin.
    Jerry, would agree the cordless drill would be a better choice, used my impact drill to raise my sons stabilizer jacks, did it real quick and too tight. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the added items. What is the air compressor for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim and Kathy View Post
    Thanks for the added items. What is the air compressor for?
    Add air to your tires (truck and trailer)
    Add air to a pin box that has an air bag
    Depending on the model of air compressor, you can use it to blow your water lines out in order to winterize.
    Add air to anything that needs air (bicycles)
    etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast