User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    Add air to your tires (truck and trailer)
    Add air to a pin box that has an air bag
    Depending on the model of air compressor, you can use it to blow your water lines out in order to winterize.
    Add air to anything that needs air (bicycles)
    etc.
    Thanks much

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at TPMS systems for our 2015 Ford F350 pulling a 2018 Solitude 310GK. Does anyone have recommendations for systems they use/like?
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim and Kathy View Post
    We are looking at TPMS systems for our 2015 Ford F350 pulling a 2018 Solitude 310GK. Does anyone have recommendations for systems they use/like?
    Thanks!
    There are multiple threads on this topic here on the forum. There are two ways (two that I know of!) to find TPMS-related threads. The first three pictures show a very basic way to find the threads using this site's ADVANCED SEARCH. The fourth picture shows how to find them using Google but with returns isolated to this forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	13888 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	13889 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	13890 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	13891

Picture #3 shows a thread on page 2 of the 11 pages of threads the search engine returned.

Hope this helps in your search!
    -Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbj View Post
    Add air to your tires (truck and trailer)
    Add air to a pin box that has an air bag
    Depending on the model of air compressor, you can use it to blow your water lines out in order to winterize.
    Add air to anything that needs air (bicycles)
    etc.
    If you're going to winterize then the use bolded above is especially useful / important. With a regulator (to keep the air pressure at about 40 psi) and an inexpensive fitting to connect to your water inlet it's the best way to be reasonably sure that water isn't resting somewhere in your trailer's plumbing system, waiting to freeze and break something. This alone can save you enough in service department winterization charges to pay for a compressor.

Re: filling tires, some of your tires may require higher pressure than some compressors can provide. Our truck tires need 60psi and 80psi fills, our trailer needs 110psi. A little compressor made for filling car and bicycle tires isn't going to do the job.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    If you're going to winterize then the use bolded above is especially useful / important. With a regulator (to keep the air pressure at about 40 psi) and an inexpensive fitting to connect to your water inlet it's the best way to be reasonably sure that water isn't resting somewhere in your trailer's plumbing system, waiting to freeze and break something. This alone can save you enough in service department winterization charges to pay for a compressor.

Re: filling tires, some of your tires may require higher pressure than some compressors can provide. Our truck tires need 60psi and 80psi fills, our trailer needs 110psi. A little compressor made for filling car and bicycle tires isn't going to do the job.
    So something like this: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2539_200672539 would fit the bill?

Since we're talking about it, add your spare tire to your pre-departure check. I'd hate to guess how many times I've seen someone replace a flat tire, with a flat (or underinflated) spare.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    So something like this: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2539_200672539 would fit the bill? Since we're talking about it, add your spare tire to your pre-departure check. I'd hate to guess how many times I've seen someone replace a flat tire, with a flat (or underinflated) spare.
    Sorry, I don't know anything about that product but depending on your rig you may need something with minimum specs like that

Good advice about the spare tire. I'll add to it the advice to check routinely to be sure that the spare is pulled up tight to the bottom of the trailer. On our Reflection the spare loosened itself several times during our travels and was found dangling loosely 6" from the road.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An "essential" I haven't seen on anyone else's list but came in VERY handy during my first excursions: knee pads! Both campgrounds had rocks as the spot's base, and the second one's rocks were s>h>a>r>p! Without the knee pads, checking tire pressures and inspecting the tires (everyone does that, right?) would have been painful.

These pads available at Lowes are inexpensive, light, and disposable when worn out:

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of thoughts on the spare tires and blowing out the water system . . .

Spare tire: If you have never lowered your spare, you have probably never checked its air pressure. GDRV continues to load the spare with the valve up. It has been suggested to them numerous times that they could turn the spare over. There are other threads on lowering the spare all the way to sort out tangles in the lift cable which is often the reason for the spare dropping slightly. The spare loads just as well with the valve down so that air can be added. If you have a TPMS, put a sensor on the spare so you can keep an eye on its pressure without crawling under the trailer.

Blowing out the water system: I have done this for years, but when I completely disassembled the plumbing system on my Reflection, I was amazed at how much water was still in there. Particularly around the Kantleak valve and the pump, where there are low points that hold water. Pex and the soft hose are both very forgiving and will survive freezing. For my 2 cents worth, if our trailer has to survive a "Canadian" winter, I will go back to using antifreeze. Taking it to Florida is the method of freeze protection that we currently use .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345