Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 28RS or BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28RS or BH

We are stuck. We wanted a bh for dogs and grandkids, but I don't like the living room layout for having adult groups over (No freestanding table option for my large husband and all seating is side by side).I love the RS, but I hate that the tv isn't under an awning and I don't see you can add an awning over that slideout (The RLS has it, but not the RS) We will have to remove the freestanding table to have a place for the dogs. We don't want to go much larger than 33 feet or so. Any thoughts or suggestiond? We are committed to the thought of a 5th wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a 303RLS and put an outside TV in the pass through where they hook ups are for one.

You can still remove the table and chairs and have a sofa and theater seats for seating.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spend some time in a Reflection 303rls. I believe you'll see it’s an excellent choice if your wanting something in a 33 ft trailer. The grand kids will survive on the rear sofa bed, and your seating will be very nice for adult groups. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bakoblues View Post
    We are stuck. We wanted a bh for dogs and grandkids, but I don't like the living room layout for having adult groups over (No freestanding table option for my large husband and all seating is side by side).I love the RS, but I hate that the tv isn't under an awning and I don't see you can add an awning over that slideout (The RLS has it, but not the RS) We will have to remove the freestanding table to have a place for the dogs. We don't want to go much larger than 33 feet or so. Any thoughts or suggestiond? We are committed to the thought of a 5th wheel.

Just a thought, but have you researched modifying the table that comes with the 28bh? It's just two poles mounted to the underside of the table. You could fairly easily have a custom size table fabricated and then the two legs attached to the underside of the new table. That way if your husband needs a bit more room to slide in, he has it.

I bet you could find any number of woodworkers on the web that could fab up a table like that for you for not much money.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We faced a similar dilemma last fall. Our deciding factor was...how often will the grandkids be with us. If it was infrequently, we would have bought a 2670 imagine. However, the little urchins seem to stowaway most trips, at least 3/4 of them. So for us it was a bh.
    If we need more seats, we bring in campchairs.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after "test sitting" in the BH, i may have to rule it out. The dinette corner seats were great. The backs of the cushion is a little low., but doable. The side seats were slightly short, but okay. The back seats were another story. I'm 5'10" and I couldn't comfortably sit due to their tiny length (maybe less than 10" after the back cushion?). It would be fine for children, but adults would feel like they are on a perch, not a seat.

My husband is in mourning - he wanted bunks for storage space.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bakoblues View Post
    Well, after "test sitting" in the BH, i may have to rule it out. The dinette corner seats were great. The backs of the cushion is a little low., but doable. The side seats were slightly short, but okay. The back seats were another story. I'm 5'10" and I couldn't comfortably sit due to their tiny length (maybe less than 10" after the back cushion?). It would be fine for children, but adults would feel like they are on a perch, not a seat.

My husband is in mourning - he wanted bunks for storage space.

Why can't you either modify the back existing cushion or make up a new one so you can have more bench depth? Mock up something with a memory foam mattress topper?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh