User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 5th wheel hitch do you currently use?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airsafe

1 0.37%
  • Andersen

70 26.12%
  • B&W

77 28.73%
  • Curt

28 10.45%
  • Demco

7 2.61%
  • DrawTite

0 0%
  • Hensley/TrailerSaver

2 0.75%
  • Pullrite

44 16.42%
  • Reese

26 9.70%
  • Other

13 4.85%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever hitch anyone has, they seem to love it and exclude all others. Look at all of them and see what features best fit your situation. I've never heard of one being more suitable for one model of TV over another. I've heard a number of people with slider hitches say they've never needed the slider, but other than that there doesn't seem to be much difference.

Same way on the hitch mount, do the math using the prices from your local suppliers.

I have the AUH attached to a B&W turnover gooseball. Easy to remove and leaves the bed empty. Hands down less expensive than anything else I could find and I don't experience any of the hitch problems I hear other RV'ers complaining of.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
    Have you seen the new BD5?
    I just ordered the new Hensley Trailersaver BD5 hitch for the new Solitude 373FB-R that we just ordered. Should be here in a week or so. I love my BD3 but it's only rated for 3,500lbs pin weight and our new rig will likely exceed that.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bertschb

Found this thread in a Google search...

I recently asked in another thread about the Hensley hitches in another thread. I knew I saw it but I couldn't remember who here had one. Ok, so now the questions...

Do you still have the... Wait, now I have to catch up with all your new setups. What happened to the bd5? Is it still the same bd3? Do you still like it? All those questions.

I like the looks of the trailer savers, but as you said, it's hard to find info on them.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    @bertschb

Found this thread in a Google search...

I recently asked in another thread about the Hensley hitches in another thread. I knew I saw it but I couldn't remember who here had one. Ok, so now the questions...

Do you still have the... Wait, now I have to catch up with all your new setups. What happened to the bd5? Is it still the same bd3? Do you still like it? All those questions.

I like the looks of the trailer savers, but as you said, it's hard to find info on them.

Thanks in advance.
    I have a BD5 for the RAM puck system on order to replace the MOPAR (Curt) 25 I currently use. They were running a sale a few weeks back, $2995 including the compressor , a cover , and free shipping. Aaron at Hensley was pretty helpful. The 5 is rated for more pin weight and higher towing capacity than the 3.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B & W Companion hitch. 20k rated.

///chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I have a BD5 for the RAM puck system on order to replace the MOPAR (Curt) 25 I currently use. They were running a sale a few weeks back, $2995 including the compressor , a cover , and free shipping. Aaron at Hensley was pretty helpful. The 5 is rated for more pin weight and higher towing capacity than the 3.
    Charlie
    Thanks for your input. I was sold on them, but now I'm on the fence again. Maybe I should start yet another thread about hitches... 🥴

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hey .... 57-57 tied up
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    @bertschb. What happened to the bd5? Is it still the same bd3? Do you still like it? All those questions.
    I sold the BD5 with my 2019 Solitude 373FB-R and F-350. I bought the new BD3-F for new 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and truck. The "-F" is their model that drops into the factory Ford puck system. The BD3 has two airbags vs. three in the BD5 which has a higher rating. I dropped back down to the BD3 because our new 5th wheel weighs less than our old one.

I LOVE Trailersaver hitches. They really isolate the movement between the RV and truck and minimize forces on the pinbox. They are easy to use, have a very solid jaw system and are extremely well built. But, according to this poll that I started two years ago, I'm the only person here who has one :-(

I think they are the most expensive hitch available which is why very few people here on the forum have them.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I sold the BD5 with my 2019 Solitude 373FB-R and F-350. I bought the new BD3-F for new 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and truck. The "-F" is their model that drops into the factory Ford puck system. The BD3 has two airbags vs. three in the BD5 which has a higher rating. I dropped back down to the BD3 because our new 5th wheel weighs less than our old one.

I LOVE Trailersaver hitches. They really isolate the movement between the RV and truck and minimize forces on the pinbox. They are easy to use, have a very solid jaw system and are extremely well built. But, according to this poll that I started two years ago, I'm the only person here who has one :-(

I think they are the most expensive hitch available which is why very few people here on the forum have them.
    Thanks for the input. I do think that cost keeps many people away from them, but it is an interesting discussion. I've been reading a lot here lately trying to decide and, as someone said, it seems that many people are very brand loyal (sometimes to the exclusion of all others).

I thought it was appropriate there, so I posted my thoughts in the "Fifth Wheel Hitches" thread in this section.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    B&W Patriot slider.
    3.2 years and 12,000 miles of towing.
    Zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast