User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 5th wheel hitch do you currently use?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airsafe

1 0.37%
  • Andersen

70 26.12%
  • B&W

77 28.73%
  • Curt

28 10.45%
  • Demco

7 2.61%
  • DrawTite

0 0%
  • Hensley/TrailerSaver

2 0.75%
  • Pullrite

44 16.42%
  • Reese

26 9.70%
  • Other

13 4.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Ox BXR7200 20k
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pullrite superglide #2315 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Air Safe 25K Omni-Directional.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I sold the BD5 with my 2019 Solitude 373FB-R and F-350. I bought the new BD3-F for new 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and truck. The "-F" is their model that drops into the factory Ford puck system. The BD3 has two airbags vs. three in the BD5 which has a higher rating. I dropped back down to the BD3 because our new 5th wheel weighs less than our old one.

I LOVE Trailersaver hitches. They really isolate the movement between the RV and truck and minimize forces on the pinbox. They are easy to use, have a very solid jaw system and are extremely well built. But, according to this poll that I started two years ago, I'm the only person here who has one :-(

I think they are the most expensive hitch available which is why very few people here on the forum have them.
    I’m curious why you went to the BD3. I have a GK310-R as well , and when I spoke with Aaron , he recommended the BD5. Maybe the 5 isn’t available for the RAM puck system yet? He said just run the BD5 with lower air pressure. Been waiting six weeks on shipping because they updated the spacers and the supplier has been shut down.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I’m curious why you went to the BD3.
    I went back to the BD3 because the pin weight on my Solitude 310GK is lower than the rating of the hitch. I needed the heavier rating of the BD5 for my Solitude 373FB because the hitch weight on that rig was close to 4,000lbs. I needed about 65psi of air in the BD5 which has three air bags. I'm only using about 45psi in the two air bags in my BD3. IMO, the BD3 is a better match for the lighter weight Solitude 310GK. But, I think the Solitude 310GK is the only Solitude that would match well with the BD3. All the rest have higher GVWR ratings - and higher pin weights.

Maybe Aaron recommended the BD5 because he was out of the BD3's :-)

The BD5 would work fine with lighter RV's like the Solitude 310GK but I didn't want the larger size, more weight and third air bag. I don't recall what I paid for the BD5 but I think it was similar to the BD3. Maybe a couple hundred bucks more?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I have a BD5 for the RAM puck system on order...
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    But, according to this poll that I started two years ago, I'm the only person here who has one :-( .
    And now we are three...
    I just ordered a BD5 today.

I decided that although the new truck rides great, it is still very stiff (as a dually should be) so some air suspension would be a good idea.

Brian, I had never heard of Hensley until I saw it in one of your posts, so you get the credit 😁

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    Brian, I had never heard of Hensley until I saw it in one of your posts, so you get the credit 
    They REALLY smooth out the ride! Hope you're enjoying your BD5.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the pullrite super glide for years and loved it but not the noise that it provided. I recently ordered the pull rite superlite and it did well but the clearance to the cab made me nervous. I had ordered the AUH but after the order, I found it was on a national backorder for 3 weeks. So, I went with the pull rite superlite and cancelled the AUH, so I thought! About a week after I installed the superlite, a box shows up and it was the AUH, surprise!! Since I had both of these fantastic hitches to sit and measure side by side and in the truck I got busy. The AUH with the offset of the base/ball gave an extra amount of clearance to the cab that I was hoping for. I put the AUH in the truck and hooked up the unit and pulled it around the field to get a feel and some measurements. With the pull rite I was able to get apprx. 70-80 % in a tight turn and only had apprx. 1" clearance from the cab corner. With the AUH I can get a 90+ with 2-3" from the back glass. And yes this was on uneven ground in a hayfield. I hope to never have to do a 90 turn and haven't had to in the years Ive been camping, but the satisfaction of knowing that i can is good. Both of these hitches are ISR and not goose ball setup. The pull rite on the goose ball would get the additional clearance and work fantastic as it is a well built and safe hitch. I stayed with the AUH and have towed with it several times now with no complaints and I sold the pull rite to a friend and didn't lose any money! win-win for me....for once!!
    Last edited by sellis; 09-18-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345