Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landing gear issue?

Hi All,
    We have had our Reflection 311 BHS for just over 2 weeks. Took it to the dealer for a couple minor issues (not related to landing gear). Picked it up this afternoon and took it over to storage. When I was unhitching I ran the front landing gear down by holding the "front" button on the 3.0 auto level touchpad. This is the basement mounted control only and not the tablet style. I ran them about halfway down, stopped, pulled the pins, lowered the feet and had 4.5 holes showing on each side. Went back and pressed "front" and the jacks started extending again. The driver's side touched the ground but the passenger side was still 2" or so off the ground. I figured they would equalize when the driver's side started to sense pressure. The front of the coach raised about 2 inches but the passenger jack was still 2" off the ground. I retracted them a bit and both moved together. Ran them back down and the same thing happened. I was in a hurry so I lowered the passenger foot another hole and ran them down.

Did I just overreact and not give them enough pressure to equalize or should they have equalized before lifting the front a couple inches? This is my first coach with the ground control system so i'm completely new to it.

EDIT - may have answered my own question. I'm guessing I should have scrolled the menu and selected drop front jacks rather than manually running them down. The manual says using drop front jacks drops them to the ground then they stop. I do remember seeing them do that when I first picked it up from the dealer.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Rob
    Last edited by HunterRJC; 03-19-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    2017 Chevy 3500 SRW CCSB L5P D/A
    2018 Reflection 311BHS
    B&W Patriot Slider