Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tv in 230 RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tv in 230 RL

Tv mounted near ceiling and a neck breaker . Thought I could get used to it , but can't. Redo the cabinet and mount lower? Any experience with this problem or solution...?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL.......I know what you mean by neck breaker. Every since flat screen TVs have become the norm every RV manufacture believes they can hang them up near the ceiling if they want. I'm sure it is because they are flat and very light compare to the old heavy/large TV's. I have many friends who have bought large 70 to 80 inch flat screen TVs and mounted them up high on walls in their house. It never stops to amaze me. On the ride home I always mention this to my wife and she always tells me to leave it alone.

Any movie/TV viewing device is best viewed at eye level. That's my opinion and I'm standing by it........
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kind of thing frustrated me when we were shopping. When we started seriously looking, we had four absolutes that we came up with. Comfortable TV viewing (both angle and seating), queen bed, isolated bedroom (wife doesn't sleep well, I fish, so our schedules can get several hours out of sync) and room in the kitchen for two people to do meal prep.

I don't watch a lot of TV, but if the weather is nasty or I'm tired, I want a comfortable place to watch.

Sure looks to me that your rig could be modified to put the audio system up above and drop the TV a foot or so.

What I might look into would be a fireplace TV bracket. Here is one https://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Mount.../dp/B00502OG3U It swings out and down, so the TV could ride where it is, but when you wanted to watch it you could swing it forward and down. There are many different models, with some swivelling and some not, so you may want to look around. You'd probably need to come up with a way to secure the mount for travel.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well - we took delivery of our 230RL about a month ago, and the TV is one of the first things I changed. Our TCL TV didn't work during walk-through, so I got an allowance from GD to replace the TV - went with a Samsung 40" 2160p UltraHD TV for about $330 which blows away the TCL. It is only 2 lbs more, with an amazing picture. Next, I replaced the mount with a Morryde TV1-006 articulating mount. IF you decide to go this route, be careful. GD support told me that there is enough "wood" behind the TV for me to use just about any mount - but this is NOT true. There is only about a 5" x 5" pad behind the center of the laminate behind the TV for a new mount to be secured to. I was only able to use the four center mount screws on the Morryde to achieve what I hope is a secure enough mount, and I am hopeful that these four screws will hold without issues! Now - a little more info:

- The angle of the TV to recliner does make it a little difficult to view. The new Morryde mount has about 6" more reach than the standard mount, and it LOCKS IN PLACE so it doesn't need to be strapped down for travel. The extra reach doesn't lower it, but it provides a better viewing angle - and it has a 10 degree tilt.
    - I did look at other residential mounts that provide an ability to lower the TV like jlwilson recommended, but as you will find they are heavy and expensive. The Morryde is made for RVs, is about 2 lbs heavier than the standard mount, and it was about $120.
    - Our home TV is mounted above our fireplace, so we have "kind of" gotten used to looking up to see a TV.

I am not totally happy with the viewing angle, and for this reason (plus several others), I really wanted a Reflection 29RS. However, given the capabilities of my truck and our lack of experience towing, we choose to go with a 230RL, which is an awesome second choice!

Chad