Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunk Bed Rails and Cord Reel

Don't know why these aren't factory standard with all bunk house campers, but tossed some together out of some 6' 1x12 boards. Just rounded the edges and corners and cut out for the accesses. Little bit of stain and a few screws and done.

While I was at it, took a piece of the scrap cut out from a rail and used it for a base for the Harbor Freight cord wheel. Glad I saw about the reel on here, works great!

Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    Don't know why these aren't factory standard with all bunk house campers, but tossed some together out of some 6' 1x12 boards. Just rounded the edges and corners and cut out for the accesses. Little bit of stain and a few screws and done.

While I was at it, took a piece of the scrap cut out from a rail and used it for a base for the Harbor Freight cord wheel. Glad I saw about the reel on here, works great!

How did you attach the bed rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How did you attach the bed rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just put a line of 2" screws along the bottom into the edge of the bunk bed offsetting one here and there.

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How solid are the bed rails. We just got a 150 series reflection 290BH and need to install rails but the need to be really solid too
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    How solid are the bed rails. We just got a 150 series reflection 290BH and need to install rails but the need to be really solid too
    We are currently on our first trip with them. If they survive my four year old, then they can be deemed sturdy. If I notice any give when they are playing around I'll probably toss some brackets on the bunk over the kitchen. Be one that folds will just get folded up.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    We are currently on our first trip with them. If they survive my four year old, then they can be deemed sturdy.
    This made me chuckle. I have a 4 year old that just ran by completely naked saying "I'm a shark and I'm going to eat you like a happy meal!" The 4 year old test is tried and true for durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found these posted on another forum (I think it was the Jayco Owners forum and he had a picture of them in place on his bunk). I bought three last week for my 2016 X254 quad bunk. The third is for my 3 year old on the lower bunk. $12 each.

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/50251388/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stateboy; 03-24-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunk Bed Rails and Cord Reel

Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    This made me chuckle. I have a 4 year old that just ran by completely naked saying "I'm a shark and I'm going to eat you like a happy meal!" The 4 year old test is tried and true for durability.
    LMAO! I have given up a long time ago thinking I have heard everything possible from kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I stole your idea for the bunk rails and cut them out this afternoon, did a test stain on a scrap and got the ok for DW. Son helped me sand them and tomorrow if it’s warm enough we will stain them. Got to get them done soon as we go camping next weekend (in -10*C) for our first trip in this new camper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    Well I stole your idea for the bunk rails and cut them out this afternoon, did a test stain on a scrap and got the ok for DW. Son helped me sand them and tomorrow if it’s warm enough we will stain them. Got to get them done soon as we go camping next weekend (in -10*C) for our first trip in this new camper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Awesome, glad I helped someone else solved the problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast