User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Smith View Post
    You might what to check Riverlink.com The system is Riverlink which works with E-Z Pass. https://riverlink.com/tolling-rates/transponders/ We start having to pay tolls about a year ago. I do not know if you have to be a resident in Kentucky or Indiana to get a transponder. I do not have to monthly service.
    My wife did the research a couple of years ago and decided to go with Riverlink. One apparently don't have to be a resident of either state as we are Wisconsin residents. We have used it in IL, IN, OH, PA, and NY. It works great. (Wife here ... system works great. With auto refill of the account and paperless billing, one gets more discounts. The system has worked flawlessly for me. I like being able to log into my account and see all toll posts and status. Also, I like that we can register more than 1 vehicle on the account. I just put Velcro patches on the car windshield and move the Riverlink EZ pass transponder from car to Truck windshield. The system determines the right toll for car or truck or for the truck with Reflection in tow.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living in Minnesota, we don't have toll roads and neither do any of the neighboring states. Having grown up in upstate NY plus worked summers on the NY Thruway, I am very familiar with toll roads.

I elected to go with I-Pass. $10/transponder and refundable if returned. No monthly fee and can manage my two transponders on their site. I set automatic funding when it drops below $20. What we discovered last year in NY State was how they knew when I had the FW in tow. At each toll booth the in-road sensors know how many axles. When connected to the FW we were charged the 4 axle rate and when running just the truck, charged the auto (2 axle) rate.

We didn't travel unhooked across any other state so I can't speak to how the sensors work for detection. It was great to travel IL, IN, OH and NY with the I-Pass and not have to keep digging for change at each toll plaza. Nice part is the in-motion tolling system in IL...no stopping whatsoever.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't add rental car tags to your account

Just an FYI,
    IPass used to tell you to go online and add the tag / license numbers of a rental car if you wanted to use the pass in a rental. I learned this changed at some point as I rented a Hertz car and was traveling the Illinois Tollway so I added the tag #. Within 2 hours IPass had pulled tolls for the last 3 months that the tag# had charged against it thru their system, if I remember right (it has been a couple of years) they dinged me for about $75 total. Now when I use the pass in a vehicle I don't have it registered with IPass we just hold the unit in the windshield while passing under the detector. This has worked well for the last 2 years since I paid Hertz's 3 months worth of tolls.

BTW, IPass is a no fee system and has a good workable website. You also only need one pass, the detector will figure out how many axles you have.
    Del & Vickie
    2016 Reflection 337
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD w/Hips - 4WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those using the New Hampshire transponder- did you have to get one for your car and a separate one for your truck? Their website indicates you can register multiple vehicles to your account as long as they are of the same "class". Their Tolls Class Chart shows Class 1 as including "Cars, pick-up trucks, motorcycles with
    two (2) axles and single rear wheels". However, when I went online to set up an account, passenger cars were separate from trucks.

We would like to have one in our car for trips to Chicago, and be able to move it to the truck for towing the RV out East. Anybody else doing this with one transponder?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    My wife did the research a couple of years ago and decided to go with Riverlink. One apparently don't have to be a resident of either state as we are Wisconsin residents. We have used it in IL, IN, OH, PA, and NY. It works great. (Wife here ... system works great. With auto refill of the account and paperless billing, one gets more discounts. The system has worked flawlessly for me. I like being able to log into my account and see all toll posts and status. Also, I like that we can register more than 1 vehicle on the account. I just put Velcro patches on the car windshield and move the Riverlink EZ pass transponder from car to Truck windshield. The system determines the right toll for car or truck or for the truck with Reflection in tow.)
    It appears Riverlink has a $5/month inactivity fee. Have you been charged for this yet?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    For those using the New Hampshire transponder- did you have to get one for your car and a separate one for your truck? Their website indicates you can register multiple vehicles to your account as long as they are of the same "class". Their Tolls Class Chart shows Class 1 as including "Cars, pick-up trucks, motorcycles with
    two (2) axles and single rear wheels". However, when I went online to set up an account, passenger cars were separate from trucks.

We would like to have one in our car for trips to Chicago, and be able to move it to the truck for towing the RV out East. Anybody else doing this with one transponder?

My EZ Pass is from NY so the NH one may be different. I called and asked about getting a separate one for when I have the trailer with me and they said there is no need. I get charged differently depending on if I have the trailer or not. When I went form an F150 (under 7000 lbs) to the F350 (over 7000 lbs) I called again and was told to not worry, they will charge me accordingly.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago we got a special NY EZ Pass transponder for towing the fifth wheel. Somewhere along the way, I stopped using it and just left the regular passenger car transponder attached to the windshield. Haven’t had an issue.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post

We got our NH passenger car one when they first came out, probably more than 20 years ago. We kept it when we moved to ME, and now are using it on our 350. As others have noted, no problems at all.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone get one from Pa? There are 2 options including commercial for over 15000 lbs. Rv is less but combined it is over....?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just the vehicle or car one. They count the axels when you go thru or weight not sure. No need for the commercial towing an RV.
    Saved us a bunch going to Lancaster Pa. and also to the rally. I just used my truck plate for registration that's all they said I needed. And you can add others when needed. Did not put trailer plate on.

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast