Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM Band In New Furrion Radio

We picked up a new Imagine 2600RB, and while fixing a few odds & ends turned on the radio. FM sounds good, can play DVDs on the TV, then selected the AM band. Almost no stations were found except a few weak ones in the upper frequencies. Local stations came through with a loud hum even with all the LED lights off. My first thought was 'antenna connection', so slid the audio head out and checked the antenna cable plugged into its socket (OK there), then traced it a few inches away to the back of the TV coax connector. The threaded connector wasn't tight so gently turned a few turns and snugged it up. No difference.

A little research about the King antenna on the roof told me the AM band is not a capability:

•Frequency bands:
    •VHF (54-216 MHz)
    •UHF (470-698 MHz)
    •FM (87.9-107.9 MHz)

Looked on the roof for a little rubber whip like on our previous trailer. Nothing there. So if the IS an AM antenna, It's a mystery to me.

Any ideas before I ask the dealer's service dept.??

Thanks,
    John H

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AM radios are 99.9% junk anymore. Odds are slim there is anything but an internal antenna and the cheapest possible receiver.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after studying the manual more closely, I pressed the reset button with a stylus as mentioned in the instructions. AM stations appeared. Most fairly weak, but it is night and their power is likely reduced. I suspect that the 'radio region' was set to something other than USA (maybe Europe or Australia). I'll check tomorrow to see if reception is better, but at least the issue is resolved.