User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those trucker antennas do a great job, but mine seems to attract tree limbs - I have one ground plane element left. I'm in the process of replacing it with the el cheapo 12" mag mount antenna - slightly less range, but more durable. If it won't do the job, I have a hi-gain directional antenna that I can mount on my flag pole.

BTW, there are adapters for most of the proprietary Wilson/Weboost coax connectors available on Amazon or eBay if you need a little more coax or want to get really creative with the antenna.

I'd also add that the cradle type (Sleek) boosters work best for me. The top of the line models require the phone to be within a couple of feet of the inside antenna to get the best signal. The cradle type boosters provide a good strong wifi signal that covers my entire RV very well.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    So you're saying the FCC doesn't want me using this home made antenna?
    It's only 33 feet high and 12 feet across.
    I think it's barely even noticeable.

Attachment 12317
    The binder clips are a nice touch. I think they are especially good at higher frequencies, but you'd need bigger ones for TV reception!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    They sell the antenna as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The big concern would be connecting an inappropriate directional antenna. They can have as much as 25dB gain, and if your neighbor had one connected to an already max power booster pointing at your rig, you probably couldn't get cell service.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is no signal a booster won't help. They can only amplify an existing signal, but they do that pretty well.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    If there is no signal a booster won't help. They can only amplify an existing signal, but they do that pretty well.
    Even if there is a signal, a booster won't always help. There are distance constraints that are a result of propagation time rather than signal level.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the SureCall Fusion2Go RV 3.0 about 2 weeks ago, and we tested it while camping in New Braunsfels, TX for a couple of days about a week ago. I installed the omni-directional antenna on the top of the ladder, and ran the coax across the top of the trailer down through the side of our one slide (we have a 230RL). I placed the amplifier at the back of our U-shaped Dinette - fairly close to where I need to work with my laptop sitting at the dinette table. I have a AT&T iPhone, and my wife has a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8. Before plugging the amplifier into 110v, I had 1 bar, and my wife had 2 bars. The main reason I purchased the SureCall was so that I could (hopefully) tether to my iPhone to do some work. However, after plugging the amp in, I still had 1 bar, but my wife's TMO phone had 3 bars. I ended up tethering through my wife's S8 to get some work done, which allowed me a decent internet connection. However, this connection was NOT strong enough to stream Netflix or Amazon Prime. The jury's still out on whether I am going to keep the SureCall, as $450 is a lot of money for a minor improvement, though I bought this solution mostly because it comes with a great return timeframe!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    would these devices make any difference going through Canada & Alaska, where apparently cell service is basically nil in many areas?
    Verizon and AT&T are both fairly solid along the major highways of Alaska. In fact, Denali National Park has a great Verizon LTE connection. I could stream movies without buffering there, even without a booster.

The last few times I have been down into the Kenai area, it was all 3G. Looking at the Verizon site now, it looks like they now have a roaming LTE agreement.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    would these devices make any difference going through Canada & Alaska, where apparently cell service is basically nil in many areas?
    I have download and upload Verizon speed tests in a few of the campgrounds if you need them. They were taken last August, so they may have changed since then.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    The big concern would be connecting an inappropriate directional antenna. They can have as much as 25dB gain, and if your neighbor had one connected to an already max power booster pointing at your rig, you probably couldn't get cell service.
    Really??

I’m sitting in a line of pickup trucks as I’m typing this that all have booster in them...as well as the frac van, Wireline logger, and company men trailers, and we’re all getting service that we wouldn’t get without one.

I’ve personally been many places that had “no service” until I turn the booster on. Streaming Netflix in the middle of nowhere constantly.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great mm, thanks a bunch.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA