0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    That would be great mm, thanks a bunch.
    Denali View South 9.47 down, 0.66 up
    Byers Lake 15.68 down, 0.17 up
    K'esugi Ken Campground 8.41 down, 0.18 up
    Cantwell RV 46.31 down, 14.05 up
    Big Bear RV Park in Wasilla 18.92 down, 19.91 up

Decent download speeds, but some of the upload speeds were pretty sad. That’s why I was looking into a booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed SureCall about the coax connector size and they responded with this:

“The F4H has an F connector on the side that receives the outside antenna and an N connector on the side that sends signal to the inside antenna.”

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, much appreciated.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I've used Wilson's CB antennas in the past on other vehicles so I know they make a good product,
    I just like trying new technologies and giving business to smaller emerging companies.
    At any rate, up until recently we hadn't had an opportunity to use the Surecall, since I just bought it 3 weeks ago.
    Our Reflection is at an RV storage place out by a military base and the cell reception is terrible.
    Last weekend we were out there getting it ready to be lived in, (we're going FT in 2 weeks!)
    and we decided to take a break and watch some Netflix on the TV by using my iPhone's hot spot.
    Well, my iPhone is on Verizon's network, and I only had 1 bar. So we tried my wife's iPhone because hers is
    on T-mobile, but she only had 1 bar as well. We couldn't get Netflix to fire up with either of our hot spots, then
    I remembered I had the Surecall in the closet, still in the box, unopened, so we set it up with the exterior antenna
    up front in the bedroom window, ran the coax down the hallway to the amplifier with the interior antenna sitting next to the TV and iphones.
    Well, both iPhones suddenly had 3 bars each!
    The simplicity is great when you think about it, from the box to setup (albeit temporarily) and working in less than 5 minutes.
    Anyway, I figured it could just be a coincidence, so we turned the Surecall off. Back to 1 bar each. Turned the Surecall back on,
    both iPhones flickered back and forth between 2 and 3 bars. Ok, worth the money! We connected the TV to Netflix without any issue,
    and watched the first episode of that new Lost in Space flick.
    I would imagine actually mounting the exterior antenna ''outside'' and up on the roof, it probably would have given us an additional bar each.
    But like I said we are starting our great adventure in 2 weeks so I'll follow up later and let you guys know how well it performs in the boonies.
    Hey there DMB, just curious as you’ve been using this system a while now, what do you think?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwj5000 View Post
    Hey there DMB, just curious as you’ve been using this system a while now, what do you think?
    Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to update this thread...

I ended up sending that unit back and installing a Weboost.
    I also learned through my testing that "bars" do not equate to bandwidth. They seem to only correlate to a stronger connection to the nearest tower.

Routinely, my iPhone which is on an "unlimited" Verizon plan, will have 3 or 4 bars, but my download speed is significantly slower than my wife's T-mobile line which usually shows 1 or 2 bars.
    I haven't noticed a huge gain in bandwidth on either unit, but the Surecall got way too hot for my comfort. The Weboost gets warm after being on all day, but never anywhere near as hot as the Surecall.

I may have had a defective unit, either way I opted to try the Weboost and that's where we stand now.
    I spent $7 on a couple of PVC pipes and built an extendable antenna mount which is zip-tied to the rear ladder.

So after using the Weboost for 3 weeks across 4 states, it seems to yield only a slight improvement in download speed, and only if we are some distance from the nearest tower.
    It has zero effect if we already have a solid connection, say 4 bars. Basically it will get us from 1 bar to 3 bars but not from 3 bars to 4 bars.

I'll update again in a few months.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cell Booster > Weboost Alternative - Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV

Case in point...

Right now we're boon-docking on someone's ranch in Oregon, the Weboost is on, antenna raised, I have 3 bars and yet...
    This is my download/upload speed on Verizon, I've done this test several times as you can see in the photo.

I’ll also attach a photo of my wife’s iPhone, on T-mobile showing 1 bar of connectivity yet her DL speed is far faster than mine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Case in point...

Right now we're boon-docking on someone's ranch in Oregon, ...
    Something how times have changed for communications. When I lived there in Vale many years ago we had rotary dial party line telephone and television from Boise was repeated on top of nearest hill into Vale, OR.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My WeBoost Setup & Observations

Here is my setup and observations for my Solitude & truck which may help some issues people are having.

There are several considerations for optimizing your signal. Section of Inside antenna, Outside Antenna (omni-directional vs Directional) and Amplifier as well las separation better indoor and outside antennas! Note: FCC limits (Same for Canada) are 65dB for stationary and 55dB for mobile units. WeBoost considers RV's to be mobile (ie motorhome).

I purchased a WeBoost Home 4G for my Solitude which comes with a 65dB amplifier and directional outside antenna. I also purchased an Atelix 5dB Omni-Directional antenna (Wilson makes a similar one but it 3X money) to permanently mount on my roof for normal usage. The directional antenna (stronger at 10.6dB) will be used when the omni antenna is insufficient. By comparison the Wilson antennas are 3.5dB for both the trucker antenna and the omni antenna included with the WeBoost Drive.

I am usually able to boost my T-Mobile phone from 1 bar to full bars (-110dB to -90dB) so that I was able to setup my phone as a hotspot to allow my TV to stream Netflix.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must place the indoor antenna far enough from the Outside antenna to not interfere with each other (referred to as "oscillations" in the manual) otherwise your signal will not be boosted. If your indoor directional antenna is pointed towards the outside antenna or too close to it, that could be the reason why your phone signal is no longer being boosted. Check the indicator lights on your amplifier to ensure they are all Green! If they are not, cycle the power to reset the amplifier.

In my Truck I use the WeBoost Drive 4G-X which has a 50dB amplifier and a small mag mount omni antenna (3.5dB) and the "Hershey bar" indoor antenna which I place directly against the cell phone for best signal.

For best data throughput, you need to be in LTE. Next best is 4G then 3G, then E. In addition, you need a good phone signal shown by the "signal bars" or better in dB (see WeBoost instructions or call them to put your phone into "field test mode" to see the signal strength in dB from cell tower). I find that I can access email with 1 bar and stream with TV with 3 bars but no less than a 4G data signal.
    Last edited by ACDW-Ottawa; 06-24-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: to add title in Advanced post
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FYI - My external Weboost antenna, when in operating mode, is mounted to a pole and sits about 5 feet higher than any other roof structure and approximately 18 linear feet from my internal antenna.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would you buy again DMB? I’m struggling between the Weboost connect Rv 65 and the Maxsignal...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast