User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the weboost RV 65 a few weeks ago. Wanted as much gain and power as possible.

Ran the antenna up 6 or 8 feet on my antenna mast then took the inside antenna to the front of the RV (and all points in between) and I never found a spot that didn't give me red lights. Perhaps it would have worked better in an RV with a metal roof. I also tried it with a directional antenna pointing away from the RV and still had the over power/oscillation problem.

I sent the thing back and went back to my cradle booster.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bars mean nothing. Please post speed tests for reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilson's phone support will resolve problems to get cell phone booster system working

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I got the weboost RV 65 a few weeks ago. Wanted as much gain and power as possible.

Ran the antenna up 6 or 8 feet on my antenna mast then took the inside antenna to the front of the RV (and all points in between) and I never found a spot that didn't give me red lights. Perhaps it would have worked better in an RV with a metal roof. I also tried it with a directional antenna pointing away from the RV and still had the over power/oscillation problem.

I sent the thing back and went back to my cradle booster.
    Thats too bad you returned the unit without a resolution. I did have a defective amplifier that they swapped out to resolve my problem; however, before that I had similar problems. Wilson's phone support will help you debug the system, which is why there is a trial month. Wilson will figure out the problem whether it be a defective component, a setup issue, need a lower power amplifier(i.e. 55dB or 50dB), etc.

I did notice when using the 50dB Amplifier, there was less oscillations between the external antenna on the ladder and the internal antenna, allowing me to position my internal antenna almost anywhere in the RV. By contrast, with the 65db amplifier, I had to move the internal antenna further away from the rear of the trailer to eliminate oscillations on all bands (I'm using a more powerful external antenna than supplied with Wilson's amplifier which requires more distance).
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDW-Ottawa View Post
    Thats too bad you returned the unit without a resolution. I did have a defective amplifier that they swapped out to resolve my problem; however, before that I had similar problems. Wilson's phone support will help you debug the system, which is why there is a trial month. Wilson will figure out the problem whether it be a defective component, a setup issue, need a lower power amplifier(i.e. 55dB or 50dB), etc.

I did notice when using the 50dB Amplifier, there was less oscillations between the external antenna on the ladder and the internal antenna, allowing me to position my internal antenna almost anywhere in the RV. By contrast, with the 65db amplifier, I had to move the internal antenna further away from the rear of the trailer to eliminate oscillations on all bands (I'm using a more powerful external antenna than supplied with Wilson's amplifier which requires more distance).
    Is that 65db antenna the directional one and does it require positioning the internal antenna to avoid the oscillations?

Thanks,
    Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Is that 65db antenna the directional one and does it require positioning the internal antenna to avoid the oscillations?

Thanks,
    Gene
    Short answer: yes!

The home model includes the 65dB amplifier, 10.6dB directional external antenna, and a 3.4dB directional indoor antenna. Because I didn’t want to have to fiddle with antennas evey time I needed the booster, I purchased an external omni-directional antenna. Realigning the external antenna could require repositioning the indoor antenna to prevent oscillating.

It’s good practice to aim the internal antenna away from the external antenna to avoid oscillations. Its more problematic with an omni-directional antenna but other factors affecting the oscillations and positioning antennas: antenna gain of indior and external antennas, distance between antennas, and the walls/roof between antennas.

Note: The antenna gain is the maximum it provides for the frequencies (bands) it amplifies.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by ACDW-Ottawa; 07-04-2018 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added the antenna gain in dB
    Aaron & Donna
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I purchased the Weboost connect RV 65. I’m in a campground in New Mexico with just the faintest of Signal, I actually have to walk around to find a spot to connect for a text. I installed the unit, turned it on and can now surf the web. Email comes up instantly. Still only show 1 or 2 bars, but everything works great.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cell Booster > Weboost Alternative - Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV

Quote Originally Posted by Rwj5000 View Post
    So I purchased the Weboost connect RV 65. I’m in a campground in New Mexico with just the faintest of Signal, I actually have to walk around to find a spot to connect for a text. I installed the unit, turned it on and can now surf the web. Email comes up instantly. Still only show 1 or 2 bars, but everything works great.
    Could be coincidence, could you post your Speedtest.net results, with and without the booster?
    I think you’ll find the download and upload speeds barely change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran the Speedtest with RV 65 running and shows a download speed of 6.53, upload 0.90. With the unit unplugged it will not run the test at all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ti understand your situation more, I need to know the following:
    1) which model did you buy? (need the antenna type and specs)
    2) What are the amplifier indicator lights? green, red, yellow?
    3) The actual cellphone strength in DB with the WeBoost on and off
    4) the data signal? LTE, 3G, E, etc

Put your phone in field test mode (see manual or call WeBoost for instructions) to check the power in DB's with the booster on and off. This is the precise way of measuring your cell phone signal.

WeBoost could also help you figure out the situation. Their support is very good.
    Aaron & Donna

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ran the Speedtest with RV 65 running and shows a download speed of 6.53, upload 0.90. With the unit unplugged it will not run the test at all...
    I noticed this as well, when we had the Surecall, download and upload speeds would sometimes be degraded with the unit on. I guess I’m not smart enough to understand why.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast