Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ACDW-Ottawa View Post
    Ti understand your situation more, I need to know the following:
    1) which model did you buy? (need the antenna type and specs)
    2) What are the amplifier indicator lights? green, red, yellow?
    3) The actual cellphone strength in DB with the WeBoost on and off
    4) the data signal? LTE, 3G, E, etc

Put your phone in field test mode (see manual or call WeBoost for instructions) to check the power in DB's with the booster on and off. This is the precise way of measuring your cell phone signal.

WeBoost could also help you figure out the situation. Their support is very good.
    Oops I think I wasn’t clear, the Weboost Connect RV 65 is working exceptionally well. Without it turned on I have to walk around to find a Signal that will barely connect, with it turned on, I can now reply to your comment. I am pleased with the product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwj5000 View Post
    Oops I think I wasn’t clear, the Weboost Connect RV 65 is working exceptionally well. Without it turned on I have to walk around to find a Signal that will barely connect, with it turned on, I can now reply to your comment. I am pleased with the product.
    Thats great that its working.

Are you really only getting 1-2 bars with the WeBoost connected? In your previous post, you stated: "Still only show 1 or 2 bars, but everything works great." Thats why I thought something was wrong because your signal strength should improve with the WeBoost. And from my experience, signal strength needs to be 2 bars or better for data; however, the only way to really know the actual signal strength is in decibels (DB).
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great that its working.

Are you really only getting 1-2 bars with the WeBoost connected? In your previous post, you stated: "Still only show 1 or 2 bars, but everything works great." Thats why I thought something was wrong because your signal strength should improve with the WeBoost. And from my experience, signal strength needs to be 2 bars or better for data; however, the only way to really know the actual signal strength is in decibels (DB).
    No actually it fluctuates from 1 to 4 bars, doesn’t seem to matter. I can do what I need to do with the unit on, I send and receive texts or calls, I can look up what I want on the internet. Not lightning fast speed, but prior to installation, I had to drive into town to do any of these things. Not a tech guy, no idea about decibels, I’m happy with the unit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fluctuation can be normal. I suggest you check the status light on your amplifier and ensure they are all green. If any are red, you need to increase the distance between your outside and inside antenna to maximize the signal strength (bars) consistently (the manual explains that). Happy WeBoost is working for you. Without the WeBoost, I also was unable to acces the network and even make calls.
    Last edited by ACDW-Ottawa; 08-01-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: elaborate on the indicator light
    Aaron & Donna
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Signal Strength App to fine the best window to put my Mobley. It shows the "DB". It is the same as what the phone shows in strength.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I use the Signal Strength App to fine the best window to put my Mobley. It shows the "DB". It is the same as what the phone shows in strength.
    Hey thats great! I didn't know there were apps like that. I even found some other apps for WiFi signal strength.
    Thanks
    Aaron & Donna

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMPORTANT NOTE: You must place the indoor antenna far enough from the Outside antenna to not interfere with each other (referred to as "oscillations" in the manual) otherwise your signal will not be boosted. If your indoor directional antenna is pointed towards the outside antenna or too close to it, that could be the reason why your phone signal is no longer being boosted. Check the indicator lights on your amplifier to ensure they are all Green! If they are not, cycle the power to reset the amplifier.
    I have beem considering a Weboost home to use in my Reflection 303rls. My concern is being able to get the required distance between the outside and inside antennas. If I mount the outside antenna on the rear ladder I'm thinking I would need to place the indoor antenna in the bedroom located in the front of the trailer. Does the inside antenna have that kind of reach?

Earl
    2019 Reflection 303 rls
    Anderson Hitch

2018 Ford F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
    I have beem considering a Weboost home to use in my Reflection 303rls. My concern is being able to get the required distance between the outside and inside antennas. If I mount the outside antenna on the rear ladder I'm thinking I would need to place the indoor antenna in the bedroom located in the front of the trailer. Does the inside antenna have that kind of reach?
    Earl
    Im not really sure of the distance required as I installed this quite a while ago. I do remember having triuble with the separation between the 2 antennas when I was trying some if the Weboost boosters ranging from a gain of 50dB to 65dB and I ran into some defective components.

My current install includes an Altelix Wide Band Building 4G LTE Omni-directional (cheaper and higher gain than the weboost omni-directional one) mounted on my ladder instead of the weboost directional panel antenna so I wouldn’t have to reposition that antenna everytme I moved to a new location. I still have the Directional panel antenna in case Im really far from a tower but that hasn’t happened yet.

Of course, if the directional antenna is positioned aimed at the RV, there will probably be oscillating problems between the antennas so I envision the need to position the panel antenna on a pole or some sort of bracket somewhere else on the RV for it to be aimed aeay from the RV for it to work.

As for the distance with my current configuration, I have the booster on the desk in front of the TV and I move the Dispersal antenna as far from the booster ad possible (limited by the cable length). Approximately 8ft vertical separation and 12ft horizontal separation between the two antennas.

I actually purchased a refurbished unit (an older one with a metal case and 4 indicator lights) and purchased the Atelix antenna to save significant money.

Hope that helps
    Aaron & Donna

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
    I have beem considering a Weboost home to use in my Reflection 303rls. My concern is being able to get the required distance between the outside and inside antennas. If I mount the outside antenna on the rear ladder I'm thinking I would need to place the indoor antenna in the bedroom located in the front of the trailer. Does the inside antenna have that kind of reach? Earl
    We have the WeBoost Connect 4G Cellular. It cost about $550 plus some modest expenses for raising the outside antenna above the roof, but it made the difference between having a signal and not having a signal when our WeBoost RVX (IIRC) could not pull one out of the air.

The RVX works fine with the outside antenna on the top of the ladder and the inside antenna almost anywhere inside. However devices have to be pretty close to the inside antenna to get much benefit from the system.

My *guess* would be that if we mounted the more-powerful system as you describe (on the ladder and in the bedroom) it would not work well, if at all. That's because the internal antenna for the Connect 4G broadcasts more strongly - it's intended for a house and not an RV. The horizontal radiation pattern of the inside antenna (think of a balloon coming sideways out the front of it) would easily reach the outside antenna on the ladder. The system upon detecting that feedback would roll itself back to little or no boosting.

I'm only guessing at this because I didn't try it. I believed the manual and set up in accommodation of its warnings. A PVC sleeve and pocket are clamped to the side of the ladder. When I need this more-powerful booster I slide a telescoping fiberglass painter's pole into the pocket and raise a piece of broom-handle-stiffened PVC well above the trailer with the outside antenna on it. I place the inside antenna directly underneath the outside antenna. Since we don't need it all the time I don't permanently mount it. It just leans against the back wall inside where the ladder is. Not going to win any decorating awards.

The antennas are pretty close to the recommended 25 feet separation when I set this up. The directional outside and inside antennas (theoretically) radiate the least directly above and below themselves, so placing them vertically above/below each other reduces feedback between them. However I've found that even with my effort in separating and positioning them this way, I can often improve performance of the system by taping a piece of tinfoil on the top of the inside antenna to shield the outside antenna from it.

In this configuration, the system gives a boost everywhere forward of it in the trailer. While rarely a huge boost - I'd guess you'd never go from zero bars to four bars on your phone, for example - it has taken us from zero to two and from shaky-one-bar to two or three.

Note that these boosters - I believe this is true of all or most of them - don't support the full multi-tasking capabilities of the modems in modern devices, so a three-bar signal from the booster won't be as fast as a three-bar signal when you're closer to a cell tower. Streaming video through a boosted signal isn't always successful.
    Last edited by boyscout; 05-08-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    We have the WeBoost Connect 4G Cellular. It cost about $550 plus some modest expenses for raising the outside antenna above the roof, but it made the difference between having a signal and not having a signal when our WeBoost RVX (IIRC) could not pull one out of the air.

The RVX works fine with the outside antenna on the top of the ladder and the inside antenna almost anywhere inside. However devices have to be pretty close to the inside antenna to get much benefit from the system.

My *guess* would be that if we mounted the more-powerful system as you describe (on the ladder and in the bedroom) it would not work well, if at all. That's because the internal antenna for the Connect 4G broadcasts more strongly - it's intended for a house and not an RV. The horizontal radiation pattern of the inside antenna (think of a balloon coming sideways out the front of it) would easily reach the outside antenna on the ladder. The system upon detecting that feedback would roll itself back to little or no boosting.

I'm only guessing at this because I didn't try it. I believed the manual and set up in accommodation of its warnings. A PVC sleeve and pocket are clamped to the side of the ladder. When I need this more-powerful booster I slide a telescoping fiberglass painter's pole into the pocket and raise a piece of broom-handle-stiffened PVC well above the trailer with the outside antenna on it. I place the inside antenna directly underneath the outside antenna. Since we don't need it all the time I don't permanently mount it. It just leans against the back wall inside where the ladder is. Not going to win any decorating awards.

The antennas are pretty close to the recommended 25 feet separation when I set this up. The directional outside and inside antennas (theoretically) radiate the least directly above and below themselves, so placing them vertically above/below each other reduces feedback between them. However I've found that even with my effort in separating and positioning them this way, I can often improve performance of the system by taping a piece of tinfoil on the top of the inside antenna to shield the outside antenna from it.

In this configuration, the system gives a boost everywhere forward of it in the trailer. While rarely a huge boost - I'd guess you'd never go from zero bars to four bars on your phone, for example - it has taken us from zero to two and from shaky-one-bar to two or three.

Note that these boosters - I believe this is true of all or most of them - don't support the full multi-tasking capabilities of the modems in modern devices, so a three-bar signal from the booster won't be as fast as a three-bar signal when you're closer to a cell tower. Streaming video through a boosted signal isn't always successful.
    Boyscout, Thanks for the reply. I tried a Weboost whole house booster and it didn't work out (good thing it was a loaner). What I'm thinking of is going with the 4gX, a 4G OTR Antenna Truck Edition, and the desktop antenna. a later addition will be a directional antenna then change them out as you mention. I have a TechnoRV suction cup mount that will make changing out eaiser. I run the wire through the slide. Earl
    2019 Reflection 303 rls
    Anderson Hitch

2018 Ford F250

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast