User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Cell Booster > Weboost Alternative - Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV

I have been researching cell boosters for the past couple weeks and found this alternative to the weBoost.
    Surecall has a 3 year warranty, versus Wilson's 2 year, and Surecall has a 60 day no questions asked return policy, twice as long as Wilson.
    I'll post a formal review later and let you all know how it is working out for us, we're hitting the road full-time in about 5 weeks.

This unit is called the Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV
    It's about the same price as the Weboost RV just $50 cheaper, but after watching a few reviews I like the design better.
    I'll add a link if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV LINK

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I致e been looking into these also, as I値l need to be working while I travel. I知 considering the home version of it with a yagi antenna. I値l only be using it when I知 stationary, so thinking this would pull in signal better than the Omni antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMB: What's your experience so far? I used Wilson gear several lifetimes ago, so I was reading about the WEBoost, but am interested in possible alternatives.

Thanks,
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    DMB: What's your experience so far?
    I used Wilson gear several lifetimes ago, so I was reading about the WEBoost, but am interested in possible alternatives.

Thanks,
    -Al
    I've used Wilson's CB antennas in the past on other vehicles so I know they make a good product,
    I just like trying new technologies and giving business to smaller emerging companies.
    At any rate, up until recently we hadn't had an opportunity to use the Surecall, since I just bought it 3 weeks ago.
    Our Reflection is at an RV storage place out by a military base and the cell reception is terrible.
    Last weekend we were out there getting it ready to be lived in, (we're going FT in 2 weeks!)
    and we decided to take a break and watch some Netflix on the TV by using my iPhone's hot spot.
    Well, my iPhone is on Verizon's network, and I only had 1 bar. So we tried my wife's iPhone because hers is
    on T-mobile, but she only had 1 bar as well. We couldn't get Netflix to fire up with either of our hot spots, then
    I remembered I had the Surecall in the closet, still in the box, unopened, so we set it up with the exterior antenna
    up front in the bedroom window, ran the coax down the hallway to the amplifier with the interior antenna sitting next to the TV and iphones.
    Well, both iPhones suddenly had 3 bars each!
    The simplicity is great when you think about it, from the box to setup (albeit temporarily) and working in less than 5 minutes.
    Anyway, I figured it could just be a coincidence, so we turned the Surecall off. Back to 1 bar each. Turned the Surecall back on,
    both iPhones flickered back and forth between 2 and 3 bars. Ok, worth the money! We connected the TV to Netflix without any issue,
    and watched the first episode of that new Lost in Space flick.
    I would imagine actually mounting the exterior antenna ''outside'' and up on the roof, it probably would have given us an additional bar each.
    But like I said we are starting our great adventure in 2 weeks so I'll follow up later and let you guys know how well it performs in the boonies.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of running the outside coax into the cable/satellite connections in the front storage area and then connecting the inside antenna up to the termination connector by the tv. I知 sure I値l lose a bit of signal doing it that way, but it seems easier than running the cable through the roof somehow.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cell Booster > Weboost Alternative - Surecall Fusion 3.0 RV

Not sure about the surecall but I know the weboost don稚 have regular sized coax connections. They have smaller ones. I use a weboost everyday in my company truck out in the oilfield and it definitely helps a lot. I知 upgrading to the OTR antenna and will see how it does. If it痴 good then I値l be getting one for the RV as well. I値l mount it on the ladder of the 379 and run the coax through a slide (kitchen or bedroom) and find a place to mount it up.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    Not sure about the surecall but I know the weboost don’t have regular sized coax connections. They have smaller ones. I use a weboost everyday in my company truck out in the oilfield and it definitely helps a lot. I’m upgrading to the OTR antenna and will see how it does. If it’s goo then I’ll be betting one for the RV as well. I’ll mount it on the ladder of the 379 and run the coax through a slide (kitchen or bedroom) and find a place to mount it up.

FCC rules require most unlicensed transmitters to make it difficult for the consumer to change the antenna to one with better gain. This is to prevent someone from causing interference to other users. The method chosen by many manufacturers is to use non-standard connectors. Reverse gender, left-handed threads and completely custom connectors are a few ways they do this.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    FCC rules require most unlicensed transmitters to make it difficult for the consumer to change the antenna to one with better gain. This is to prevent someone from causing interference to other users. The method chosen by many manufacturers is to use non-standard connectors. Reverse gender, left-handed threads and completely custom connectors are a few ways they do this.
    So you're saying the FCC doesn't want me using this home made antenna?
    It's only 33 feet high and 12 feet across.
    I think it's barely even noticeable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outdoor_digital_antenna1_0.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	12317

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    They sell the antenna as an option.

2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would these devices make any difference going through Canada & Alaska, where apparently cell service is basically nil in many areas?
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast