User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the screws on the bracket under the kitchen slide holding the power and propane hose broken off at the heads. I moved the bracket over and put new screws in. Yes I have a 20 volt driver and have twisted 1/4" bolts off. Better to use the drill motor with its torque setting.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same broken screws, , exactly. The self drilling tech screws are great but I'm going with a thru hole in the frame and a couple stainless steel machine screws with washers and nylock nuts. Fixed for the life of the trailer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you need to google screws, they are TEK screws, not tech. Not sure of the caps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see how many screw heads break off. Perhaps instead of using the steel screws supplied by GD or the dealer, I may order up some 18-8 series stainless steel TEK screws and paint the heads black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem on my 2016 Reflection 318RST. Broken screw heads on slide out trim, baggage door trim and fender support brackets. Dealer is taking care of these under warranty but GD should be looking into this issue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came someone give screw size; I will buy some and add to my repair kit in case I have same problem down the road. I use a 12 volt Milwaukee screw gun with torque setting and it works well for any screws on camper. Thanks

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Came someone give screw size; I will buy some and add to my repair kit in case I have same problem down the road. I use a 12 volt Milwaukee screw gun with torque setting and it works well for any screws on camper. Thanks
    It's not quite as simple as that. 1) they are a special hardened screw, and 2), because they are hardened and break off down inside the flooring material, it's extremely difficult to get the broken screw out so the new one can be placed through the same hole in the trim. You can call GD customer service for guidance.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has happened twice on my 2017 Reflection 29RS on slide outs about 16 replaced just did another check and 3 more popped off .some were coming loose because the slide out was coming in to far . I will be emailing GD to see if they will send me some replacement screws .I am beginning to doubt the quality of my 5th wheel.

Doug

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Popes View Post
    this has happened twice on my 2017 Reflection 29RS on slide outs about 16 replaced just did another check and 3 more popped off .some were coming loose because the slide out was coming in to far . I will be emailing GD to see if they will send me some replacement screws .I am beginning to doubt the quality of my 5th wheel.

Doug
    I've got the same problem with my new 29RS. Who are you emailing at GD to get the replacement screws? Thanks in advance.
    Pigdoc
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2002 C3500 Silverado Crew Cab dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dealer is worth any thing he should be able to hook you up. I asked my dealer for 3 black painted tec screws, , he GAVE me about 20.
    Even though the tec screws are self drilling, I pre drilled the holes slightly smaller than the screw size, and was very careful how tight I tightened the screw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast