Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front cap paint

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I'm actually thinking of getting Duraflaps brand for the rear wheels. The Rock Tamer won't protect the truck rear fenders down low. Duraflaps seem to be one of the better values especially compared to Gatorbacks.

https://duraflap.com
    I have Weather tech no drill that are on the fender and they do not protect anything but directly behind the flaps. I would put flaps at the bumper so it protects the trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 321 solitude and I am noticing what looks to be spider stress cracks at the bottom of each side of the caps. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue. When I first took this into the dealer they mentioned that they had seen similar issues with other Grand Design 5th wheels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dglas55 View Post
    I have a 2017 321 solitude and I am noticing what looks to be spider stress cracks at the bottom of each side of the caps. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue. When I first took this into the dealer they mentioned that they had seen similar issues with other Grand Design 5th wheels.
    Do you happen to have a picture? I’ll look at my 379 and see if I notice anything.

As far as the mud flaps go, I don’t think they would do the OP much good as I believe he is talking about the nose of the 5th wheel. Since it sits above the rear axle I don’t see how the chips are coming from the tow vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new 2018 310GK with full platinum paint has chips everywhere, even the rear. I had my buddy come over that works at a GM body shop with his paint gauge, verdict: THIN. It only has one coat each of paint and clear. I bought a used 2008 Carriage with full body silver paint in 2016 which was chip free, pulled it throughout five western states and two provinces before trading it on the Solitude, and didn't get one chip over the course of 16,000 miles. Disgusted with this paint as it hasn't left the driveway yet with only delivery miles on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody try one of these yet, buggbanner.com. Its a bra type cover for the front cap. There's some photos and a video of how it looks and handles interstate speeds.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waukesha1 these are my thoughts exactly, I feel for you going the extra with full body paint. Grand Design is rejecting it saying the cause is road debris. But my last Rv sure never had this much damage after a few years than my new solitude after 1 trip. This shouldn’t be up to the owner to stone guard or 3m just do it right from factory. After this I would not recommend Grand Design. I feel they are cutting to many corners now. I have had numerous other things wrong as well which shows quality control is know longer a priority.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sask 379 update!!! After sending several photos of the clear coat heavily damaged by the foam entry assist against the door ( plain as day the finish is garbage!) the white base coat showing from under the black base coat, and then chunks of paint falling off from my finger nail to peel off the bright yellow "rv care" sticker ( oh, and the dirt everywhere), it is getting completely redone. The retards at Precision that paint the trailers even sliced the roof with a knife, so now it needs a new roof. Grand Design has been contacting owners with full body paint to inspect the roofs because of " potential slices". Sure enough, they wrecked mine! It was even delivered with white paint all over the exterior speakers and the slide awning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the front cap on the Solitude 310 auto paint?
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is auto paint. I don’t think it’s the paint that is the problem area. I believe it’s the clear coat isn’t thick enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123