User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I have to say...if you can afford 50k+, your gonna want to put your own stuff in...I am anyway. No matter what they put in at the factory, somebody is gonna be unhappy. Learned this long ago, with coaches that cost 10 times what ours cost. I'm just glad they give us something that works...mine does...but when it all pans out, everyone has their own ideas when it comes to entertainment and I bet the majority of people rarely care what is installed as long as it works. What good is theater sound and all that when you got to be quiet after 10? Not a dig at anyone here but I am glad I'm not spending more money on stuff I'm gonna change out anyway...my entertainment system will reflect my tastes and what is important that is to me. I don't want to be charged for something I'm just gonna take out anyway. I do believe that the basic infrastructure should be there tho...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most Blu Ray players are not full entertainment systems either. You still will want a radio/cd player I'm sure.

If you can buy the trailer, the $50 Blu Ray player won't kill you either. It will be a $150 option through the manufacturer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea the electronics go along with the mattresses. Everyone has their own preference of what they want. Why put something expensive in when so many people would take it out anyways.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I pulled the radio/DVD the 2nd week I had the trailer and put another unit in it along with Blu Ray, sound bar etc. But I didn't buy a $35K car with an 8 track tape player in it just to change it out either.
    Just saying...should be an option.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

If you can buy the trailer, the $50 Blu Ray player won't kill you either.
    To which my response is "Then if it won't kill me, it won't kill to include one"

Look, it's a stupid HDMI connector that get's run to the TV HDMI in. And if an owner really wants to get sexy, they can use the digital audio out of the BR/DVD player and run it into the stereo.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Depends on your unit but on our 395m I'm planning on:

1. Going with Roku Ultra, remotes work without LOS. Mount behind the TV on a cooler section.

2. Plex server running on my PC, which is connected to 5ghz WIFI, external HD attached and the PC is out of the way. 1 HDMI from the bunk up top to the TV area. Wireless keyboard with mouse pad to control PC. Also have remote access on my phone through chrome.

3. TV we use Youtube TV and Philo. Both work on Roku.

4. Swapping out the TCL included TV for a LG OLED 55. Sound bar mounted below on top of the fire place with an easy to remove peg for when I take the slide in. I've been looking at a smaller Bose one that has some pretty good sound and the right size. I'm not a big Bose fan but it is actually pretty decent.

5. PS4 will be above the TV with an HDMI to TV.

So what amounts to 2 HDMI cords and 1 digital audio I have everything I need. Surround sound would be nice but ceiling speakers mostly suck and our ceilings are nothing like a residential so you'll be limited to speakers with really tiny drivers which = sucky sound. So I'll settle for a nice soundbar and sub.
    Yeah, Im toying with the idea of setting up the Plex server off my laptop with media players at each tv. Only problem is the laptop really won't be powerful enough to render more than 1 stream at a time.

I've tried the Roku at my house using a WiFi connection (both 2g and 5g) and the results were less than satisfactory. I found that I would end up with a lot of buffering. Hardwire would work way better. But in a small trailer where the tv/media box is only 15 ft from the router (and through paper thin walls) the connect should in theory be much more robust than a similar set up at home.

If instead you go with a hardwired HDMI connection, how would you run the HDMI from the central tv/media station to the bedroom tv? I'm not confident that I can fish the wire all the way over there without destroying the paneling.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Yeah, Im toying with the idea of setting up the Plex server off my laptop with media players at each tv. Only problem is the laptop really won't be powerful enough to render more than 1 stream at a time.

I've tried the Roku at my house using a WiFi connection (both 2g and 5g) and the results were less than satisfactory. I found that I would end up with a lot of buffering. Hardwire worded way better. But in a small trailer where the tv/media box is only 15 ft from the router (and through paper thin walls) the connect should in theory be much more robust.

If instead you go with a hardwired HDMI connection, how would you run the HDMI from the central tv/media station to the bedroom tv? I'm not confident that I can fish the wire all the way over there without destroying the paneling.
    I understand that you would be streaming locally PC(Plex) -> Roku, but does this setup still require a live internet connection for Plex or Roku to function? Internet is pretty poor most places we camp and using a hotspot can get expensive.
    Greg & Cindy
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Sept 2018 build)
    2016 GMC 3500 Denali Crew Cab SB SRW 4x4 with Duramax
    Curt EZr Gooseneck->X1 Rails->R16 Slider->A16 Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHerrin View Post
    I understand that you would be streaming locally PC(Plex) -> Roku, but does this setup still require a live internet connection for Plex or Roku to function? Internet is pretty poor most places we camp and using a hotspot can get expensive.
    That's a GREAT question. I've not tried it myself yet, but here's one interesting webpage from the Plex forums:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/25...n-home-network

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post

I've tried the Roku at my house using a WiFi connection (both 2g and 5g) and the results were less than satisfactory. I found that I would end up with a lot of buffering. Hardwire worded way better. But in a small trailer where the tv/media box is only 15 ft from the router (and through paper thin walls) the connect should in theory be much more robust.

We're big Roku fans. So much so that we have two of them in the trailer. One in BR one in LR. In the LR I have the 4200 (now called the Roku Ultra). It has a USB port on it, so I plug my 4TB USB pocket drive into it, and it acts as a DLNA server. I have all my video/audio/photos all on the one drive. The Roku plugs directly into TV via HDMI. I've had no performance issues at all with this. For the BR I'll add a 2nd USB pocket drive with duplicate content. For the $97 of a 2nd USB drive it's a no-brainer.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    We're big Roku fans. So much so that we have two of them in the trailer. One in BR one in LR. In the LR I have the 4200 (now called the Roku Ultra). It has a USB port on it, so I plug my 4TB USB pocket drive into it, and it acts as a DLNA server. I have all my video/audio/photos all on the one drive. The Roku plugs directly into TV via HDMI. I've had no performance issues at all with this. For the BR I'll add a 2nd USB pocket drive with duplicate content. For the $97 of a 2nd USB drive it's a no-brainer.
    Hmmm.....I have a Roku 2XS, which is an older unit. I am not able to get it to play all my files on my portable HD. In fact it doesn't even see all the containers. I thought it might be an issue with naming so I renamed all the files and still had the problem. Interestingly my old Western Digital Media Player had no issue seeing all the files but it's interface is slow and not appealing. I'm going to need to look at a newer Roku unit. If it indeed sees all the files and can playback MKV/MP4/etc then that would be way easier than setting up a PLEX server.

BTW with the restrictions on noise in the campground I figure we'd get some headphones for watching after 10pm.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast