User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Installed an LG soundbar and an Xbox, it plays everything and sounds kickazz.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be much, much worse. What they put in Forest River Cardinals (I had two of them and just last month purchased a 337rls) for AM/FM/CD was a serious disaster. Apparently they chose the particular brand they did because Warren Buffett owned both Forest River and the electronics.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we had a great trip regardless. Too bad the manual - yes!, I read the manual, doesn't specify this limitation. Most likely just going to bring along my small Sony Blue Ray player and plug it into an HDMI port on the TV. The soundbar idea does sound interesting though.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that I did was replace the TV with a slightly larger and far better 4k from LG and thier SJ7 sound bar that splits into two parts that fit well vertically beside the TV and a wireless sub. Could not be easier, one remote for both they both turn on with command from the remote. Sound is great and it is well concealed with the sub behind the theater seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Furrion and they currently have a Blu-Ray player in development for RV's to be released sometime at the end of the year.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why buy a Furrion bluray when there are so many other good units out there for very little $?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer an all in one entertainment head unit rather than adding another residential Blu-ray device to the TV then trying to find a good place to mount it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would show what I did for less than $175 bucks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2374.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	14243
    Sony Smart Blu-Ray, less than $50 at Costco. HDMI wire run down thru the existing 120v access hole and out to the TV's HDMI port. Plugged right in the outlet in the cabinet.

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	14244
    No wires visible and very easy to do.

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	14245
    Also wanted to show the Yamaha soundbar ($125 from Costco) that fits very nicely behind the TV, which still locks in for travel. It is connected to the HDMI/ARC port and turns on and off with the TV and uses the TV remote to control sound level. It is also bluetooth enabled to play music from phones or other sound devices. It does not have a separate subwoofer but has plenty of bass and won't cause complaints. Theatre sound? Not exactly but very good sound with plenty of options, Blu-Ray and Netflix/Amazon or whatever when you have internet access or cell data service.

Only other thing to do here is a Samsung 40" and take the TCL and store it under the bed for when we wish to watch outside...football season is coming!!
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model Yamaha soundbar is that?
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    What I'd like to see is for GD to partner with a tier one brand (Jensen, Bose, Samsung, Sony, Kenwood) and come up with a package that could be used as a selling point, instead of the current "Well, it's got an AM/FM radio and two TVs."
    Our 2018 310GK *has* a Jensen radio in it. After fiddling with it for 20 minutes the other day, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you how it is an improvement over whatever we had in our Reflection (different brand, don't remember). Well maybe one thing: I can download an app to control it instead of using the completely-detestable remote on that other brand.

It certainly doesn't sound any better - speaker quality? - and in at least one regard the Jensen is worse. Its LCD display is impossible to read for a 5'11" person standing in front of it... I have to either crouch down 8" or so below the radio or get a stool to rise above it in order to see the characters on the screen.

So take Jensen off your list IMO. Of the others, after a quick look online I didn't see anything that could be *easily* swapped in for the Jensen, especially since most 12V radios don't have DVD players in them.

I do hope someone finds a great solution and trumpets it here. Like others I'm disappointed in GD for this really cheap stuff in their high-end trailers. In addition to your list of complaints (especially "difficult to modify") I would add "too many poor-quality speakers... instead of six poor speakers give us two good ones!"
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast