Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxm1298 View Post
    I may be way off here but are you sure the 50 amp breaker isn't being thrown? Mine would start bringing the jacks up and then it would pause then they would come up a little more than pause and then I would get the red light flashing. The pause was the 50 amp thermal breaker resetting. I finally changed to the 80 amp breaker as recommended on this site and all is well.
    The 50 amp breaker was the problem with our jacks and slideroom stalling out and having to be restarted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I have done the breaker swap, I have had zero issues with the slides or jacks. They do what they are told to do, without hesitation.

This my pic from the circuit break link.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Bussmann 80 AMP breaker is arriving Monday.

I will report back if it solves the problem.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to the dealer yesterday and they told me it is a bad solenoid valve. I can see this being the issue with he jacks not coming up but not sure what this has to do with the red light flashing status. I guess we will find out for sure if this fixed it in a few weeks when I get it back again, will keep you in the loop. Mark
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I finally got to install the Cooper Nussmann CB 185-80 Circuit Breaker this morning. Breaker was purchase on eBay for under $25. Easy install just like others here have already stated and done. I did not need any additional 6 gauge wire. I cut the wire and connected new post connectors (brass, couple of bucks for both) and mounted the breaker to side wall next to he hydraulic reservoir. Remember to connect the 6 gauge wire to the power side of the breaker bus and not to the original 50 AMP breaker.

When I first tried the "Hitch Height" everything started and quickly stopped and the red light started flashing. Not sure why, maybe because everything had been disconnected and it was out of cycle. I disconnected battery power and then unplugged the shore line (120 Volt). Reconnected both the battery and shore line and tried the "Hitch Height" again. Everything cycled properly and all 4 rearward jacks retracted all the way up for the first time since last year. Hurrah!!!! I then cycled through the "Auto Level" and everything worked perfectly. I then did a complete recycle to "Hitch Height" and back to through "Auto Level". I did this same cycle of functions three times and everything works as it should.

Please give credit to all those that have already stated that you need to install an 80 AMP breaker. They are correct and I still can't understand why Grand Design is installing a 50 AMP breaker when Leppert states that a 80 AMP is needed.

I'm a happy camper again.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have installed the Bussmann 80 amp breaker. I was able to use the copper buss bar by rotating the breaker 90 degrees. On hitting hitch height everything works great until the right rear jack (#6?) stops about an inch from full retract. After hooking up and rising the landing gear off the ground I can hit "all retract" and get the last inch on the rear jack. Thanks for all the info on many threads for your help
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ That is exactly what mine was doing except the 6 jack (left rear) would stop about 4 inches short of full retract. Now everything is working as designed.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I don’t seem to have these issues, and I used my “auto level” and “hitch height” buttons this past week with no faults, can you all tell me where this breaker is? What does it look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom and Stacey
    TV - 2008 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.4 (done up) 8"bed, B&W3000 OEM Companion, Firestone Airbags w/ Wireless One compressor
    RV - 2018 GD Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 5er, these breakers are behind a flimsy black plastic cover directly behind the battery in the front compartment. Just follow the red positive lead from the battery to the cover. Cover is held on with two screws (#2 square drive head). When the cover is removed, the buss bar (copper strip on the right) and individual breakers look like this. The bottom breaker is the one for the hydraulic pump. The second picture is a closer view of the top breaker. I think these are Bussman CB123-HB short stop breakers. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	12221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9182.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	12222

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along the line of levelers....can anybody tell me if the levelers fall under the structural warranty.....or am I just wishfully hoping? I have one leaking.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast