User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Husky WDH Question

I'm having a problem with my Husky Centerline WDH. I picked up my new Imagine 2600RB and tried to set up the hitch myself. I was unable to find perfectly level ground so I made due with what I could find. Right now the ball height is about 1" above the coupler height. The spring bar bracket is 1" lower then the hitch were the spring bar attaches. The instructions say these two locations start out the same height and then fine tune as needed. When I raise the bracket it seems to bind while I'm driving and will make the truck pull either left or right depending on the direction of my last turn.

I've measured the truck and the rear sags 1 1/8" and the front stays level. It seems like no matter which way I try to adjust the brackets, it will not settle even. The way is sits right now, when the trailer is level the front frame is 16" off the ground. When it's attached to my truck it is at 17" and the truck is at 1 1/8 lower. Any other things I should be looking at?

Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front end did not drop as much as back end +/- 1/2", so you're under-adjusted on the weight distribution. You need to raise the spring brackets, add a washer or 2 to the head, or both. Sounds like you've tried raising the spring bracket and didn't like the results, so try adding a washer or 2 to the head.
    Lee and Sandi
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4x4 Gas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front end did not move at all. It stayed the same, only the back dropped. Right now there are only two washers and the dealer that installed it did not give me the extra washers. I'll get some more washers and give that a try.

Thanks for the advice.