Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Length is my main concern as well. That extra 2’ is keeping me away at the moment.

Why did you get away from the Jayco 5er? I’ve eyeballed the 27.5 (I think it was) and it looks nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    How does your 2670MK tow? It does seem to have more weight towards the back with the dual slides and have read elsehre peopl who have had sway problems with this trailer, thereby needing more loading up front to correct the problem.
    when i bought the 2670 mk (Imma) new i was pulling it with a 2006 LR3 Land Rover. That was a white knuckle adventure on the interstate for sure. But it was such a short wheel base rig. I pulled it from DFW to elk city ok with my new dually and no issues like sway but i did have a weight distributing hitch at the lowest setting just for help with sway and probably could have been ok with out. I did put a second battery up front and moved my Ham Radio gear to the bedroom so I'm sure that helped.
    I love the 2670 but the wife is coming to work for my company traveling. Add her, the 96 LBS dog and the cat and it gets small real quick.
    Going to upgrade to a 344GK quickly.
    Enjoy the travels

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    How does your 2670MK tow? It does seem to have more weight towards the back with the dual slides and have read elsewhere people who have had sway problems with this trailer, thereby needing more loading up front to correct the problem.
    I did have sway with the Blue-Ox and 2670MK. I tried everything by the book but still had sway. My TV is an Excursion that is notoriously susceptible to sway so it could be the SUV-2670MK combo that doesn’t like to play together. Bought a ProPride 3P hitch that I still need to install. That should hopefully solve the sway. I haven’t heard from anyone that had sway after getting one of the premium hitches.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to compare side-by-side to something like the 303RLS. The 303 is right at 32ft long, but will be less length behind the truck than the 2760MK by about 3ft depending on your hitch and bed length. The extra headroom and especially storage is impressive.

My wife was dead set on a TT until we started shopping. Went through half a dozen 32' class TTs until we found a floor plan we generally liked. Then we walked into a 5er that was virtually the same length and floorplan, and she changed her mind in 5 minutes.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kone11 View Post
    Length is my main concern as well. That extra 2’ is keeping me away at the moment.

Why did you get away from the Jayco 5er? I’ve eyeballed the 27.5 (I think it was) and it looks nice.
    Ours was a 26.5RLS, bought in 2013. While the F-150 had the HD payload (2166 lb) package, we were right at that limit when towing. Loved the combination - did almost 11,000 miles over many high mountains, etc. to all three coasts. But, unknown to me, a tree branch got us, and water intrusion started to delaminate two of the walls. So insurance totalled it. As of early last year, all comparable 5ths, even the same Jayco model, had gained at least 400 lbs, which would have put me well over payload. The Jayco 27.5 is really nice - but was well over our limits too. I really miss the 26.5. But since a new TV was not in the equation, had to switch to a TT, and the 2670 was it. It too is very, very nice. But it did end up being an almost additional 5-6 ft. sticking out behind the truck when hitched, making it a bit more restricted in where we could camp.
    Of course, GD came out with their 150 series right after we bought, which may have made the cut, but we prefer the layout of the 2670, so still happy we have it.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12