Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB or 2670MK?

Newbie retired couple and dog. Want to see the US (incl Natl Parks) and some a few months somewhere warm in winter.

Very used to towing fairly large boats but never had an RV. Really want the 2670 but I’m kinda intimidated by its size. The 2600 (and even the 2500) are all we need. We have a 17 F250 so capable of either. Could even end up slipping into the smaller 5ers.

Help a fella out?

THANKS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't look in the mirror and you'll never know the difference. Seriously, if you can pull a little one, you can pull a big one. Get the biggest thing you can pull. (Hint - fivers pull really nice.)

You can always count on someone on this forum to help you spend your money. <G>
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody can make that decision for you. Everybody is different and my idea of enough space will be different from yours.
    That said, have you actually been in all of these units? Sat in them, figured out cooking, figured out storage, sleeping if you have guests or grandkids?
    We went with a 2800bh last fall even though it's just the wife and me. Grandkids come with us frequently and we didn't want to be making up beds on the dinette or sofa.
    Lots of variables. Let us know what you decide.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion, for retiring and exploring National Parks, nothing beats the 2670MK for roominess, Love the desk in the back, very spacious, extra storage in the bedroom. I think I there would be very little difference towing, all about a good WD hitch and proper loading.

I bought a new half ton but discovered the 2670 puts me over my payload, so am going with the 2600RB, next best thing to the 2670MK which beats all the competition in my opinion.

Three more years and I retire, see you out there. Do not miss Zion National Park in your travels!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 2670MK. Everyone says to buy your 2nd RV first, so we did. We were looking smaller but loved the 2670MK floor plan. Wife’s statement: “only trailer I’ve been in that feels like a 5th wheel”. I agree. So far don’t feel like we went too big or need to upgrade.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyLifer View Post
    We love our 2670MK. Everyone says to buy your 2nd RV first, so we did. We were looking smaller but loved the 2670MK floor plan. Wife’s statement: “only trailer I’ve been in that feels like a 5th wheel”. I agree. So far don’t feel like we went too big or need to upgrade.
    I know that if I buy the 2600 I’ll be looking to move up (if we like RVing) before too long. I did the same with boats; starting with a 17.5’, to a 18.5’ a year later, a 20’ in another year, and stopping with a 23.5’. Wife was not happy but I wanted to start small and learn my way up. Natural (but not fiscally or otherwise smart) that I feel the same about RVs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love my 2670. I full time and the wife may come to work out of town with me along with the 90 lbs dog and sketchy cat. 2670 may work but we shall see.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We selected our 2670MK just because it was the closest in layout and interior sq. footage to the old fifth we had before. The only downsides: We got the booth dining, only because on infrequent occasions we wanted a place for our granddaughter sleep, so she could go with us. It is a pretty bad bed alternative. Fine for young children (she's 4), but I would never subject a teen or adult to it. Second is length - love the living space, but the overall front of truck to rear of trailer length has eliminated many more of the state/national park sites we used to be able to squeeze our fifth into. Either due to site length, or space available to be able to turn and back due to narrow roads. But for living in, it is great - I would never go smaller, despite the reduced availability for some campgrounds.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    We selected our 2670MK just because it was the closest in layout and interior sq. footage to the old fifth we had before. The only downsides: We got the booth dining, only because on infrequent occasions we wanted a place for our granddaughter sleep, so she could go with us. It is a pretty bad bed alternative. Fine for young children (she's 4), but I would never subject a teen or adult to it. Second is length - love the living space, but the overall front of truck to rear of trailer length has eliminated many more of the state/national park sites we used to be able to squeeze our fifth into. Either due to site length, or space available to be able to turn and back due to narrow roads. But for living in, it is great - I would never go smaller, despite the reduced availability for some campgrounds.
    How does your 2670MK tow? It does seem to have more weight towards the back with the dual slides and have read elsewhere people who have had sway problems with this trailer, thereby needing more loading up front to correct the problem.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of those posts may have been mine. It tended to sway packed for camping, with full water (which put some more weight on the tongue). At the scale, tongue weight was 11.5% of the trailer weight. I never got to the point of putting a lot of sandbags up front to test, but believe the tongue weight was the issue. I just got the ProPride 3P hitch rather than waste camping time and $$ messing with things. Hitch is very heavy. Tongue is now at 12.5% with no water. Whether that, or the hitch, I'll never really know, but it pulls wonderfully now. Many others have reported no issues with hitches like Blue Ox.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast