User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that i posted on this thread before but I don't see it. Your system is very similar to the one I am going to start on. Just waiting on a couple more parts. I have been getting the parts as I can afford them. almost done. Will start another Thread when I start.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I thought that i posted on this thread before but I don't see it.
    Your system is very similar to the one I am going to start on. Just waiting on a couple more parts.
    I have been getting the parts as I can afford them. almost done. Will start another Thread when I start.

If you ever need solar gear, check out this company, I buy all mine from them.
    Great folks who go above and beyond the norm to take care of you.

Continuous Resources
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting your setup and experiences. Very helpful to people like myself getting ready to make the jump. I'm interested in the fact that you get pretty good solar power even on cloudy days. Is being in the shade similar to being out in the open on a cloudy day? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask.

Also, in your case you seem to have ample power and you mentioned you could probably get by with 3 panels and 2 batteries instead of 4, which is the minimum of what I'm thinking of doing. Do you know if it's necessary to go with tilt mounts on the solar panels instead of flat mounts with no tilt ability? (assuming one has a little extra capacity).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyf View Post
    Thank you for posting your setup and experiences. Very helpful to people like myself getting ready to make the jump. I'm interested in the fact that you get pretty good solar power even on cloudy days. Is being in the shade similar to being out in the open on a cloudy day? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask.

Also, in your case you seem to have ample power and you mentioned you could probably get by with 3 panels and 2 batteries instead of 4, which is the minimum of what I'm thinking of doing. Do you know if it's necessary to go with tilt mounts on the solar panels instead of flat mounts with no tilt ability? (assuming one has a little extra capacity).
    Hey Jimmy!
    I’ll send you a PM!
    Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567