User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody just posted on the Momentum fb group. He drove that with his 44' Momentum toy hauler. Grand Design says it's 13'6" and when we asked him he said he stayed in his lane going through that tunnel that's marked 13'6".

He also said he did not drag on any of the switchbacks but that he did have to take several of those very wide (in the other lane).
    '
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My bad it actually 13-9, but in any case drive through it and look at the walls and ceiling. I used to work on road projects in the corridor and have seem many a scared RV driver and numerous trucks and RV's scrape the tunnel. If you go slow its a beautiful drive.
    There is a beautiful campground for smaller RV.s just above Ouray. Ridgeway State park with the lake is also good. Fishing has been OK the times I have been there. Don't put them on a stringer though the craw fish will have a great meal - they are good eating too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Going now in October. Thought I would stay closer to Durango. What about Alpine Rose Rv camp or United Campground? Will be able to catch the train in Durango. Probably be able to get tickets in October.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Thanks. Going now in October. Thought I would stay closer to Durango. What about Alpine Rose Rv camp or United Campground? Will be able to catch the train in Durango. Probably be able to get tickets in October.
    While I have never visited either they both should be OK. There is also the KOA just east of town. Double check on the train tickets as the are very booked up usually. You can book online too I believe. While here you can visit Mesa Verde NP and the Aztec ruins in Aztec NM. The Southern Ute tribe also has a museum. Dress warm as the weather can get interesting that time of year.

Lots of places within a days drive too.

Also if you like honey products (various flavors) you should visit Honeyville north of town.

Have a safe trip
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Ouray, Silverton, Durango on the Million Dollar Hwy. A say trip to Telluride is also well worth it! Silverton has a nice RV park if you're coming in from Durango. I would not suggest going to Silverton from Ouray with a trailer. As a matter of fact, I'll take that a step further and recommend against taking that route with any size of trailer.
    Hello, JCZhome,
    I've made that trip with 5 of my buddies on a 6,325 mile trip, Made the Million $ Hwy on our way home. we made 11 states in a little over two weeks. Started in Texas and rode up to Yellowstone. Made Bear tooth Pass on our way to Red Lodge, Montana. Went on to Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, colorado....Great bucket-list experience and adventure.

We purchased our GD RV 3 months ago. We've made 5 trips and logged 1,050 miles so far on our RV. We love it!

Keith & Patsy Staudt & Buttercup (pet dog)
    "Back 9 Adventures"
    Bridge City, Texas 77611

Grand Design "Imagine" 2150RB
    2012 Ford FX4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123