Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 312 bhts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

312 bhts

Anyone have any suggestions on tv size and mount for bunkhouse travel trailer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which 312 BHTS do you have? The 4 steps to a bunk?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes 2017 model

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're out of luck. There's no TV mounting plate. This was a HUGE whiff by Grand Design. I'm in the process of removing the 4 steps and building a custom entertainment center for my two sons. The newer models were given an entertainment center that looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bunkhouse.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	12212

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The factory rep called and said just the studs is all that is there

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you don't want to mount a TV to an RV stud. What really sucks is you're gonna basically have to cut into the wall and put a mounting plate between the studs, or do the extreme and rip out the stairs and build a custom entertainment center and a method to climb to the bunk. They really screwed up on that design, and then fixed it midyear and I got sold an old unit on the lot despite me specifically asking for the newer design. I'm still salty.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The “TV mounting plate” provided in other GDRV products is nothing more than a very thin piece of sheet metal bonded to the backside of the wallboard. It is there to provide better bite for coarse thread screws used to attach a TV mounting bracket. This same structural strength could be created with butterfly style anchors that open behind the wallboard to spread the load. In either case, you are limited by the strength of the glue bond between the 3/16” wallboard and the supporting studs.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That mounting plate is not there according to grand design, dealer told me it was. So I’m going to get a magnet and do a test myself. If it is then good if it’s not then I’ll find the stud. They recommend a 19-24” tv with a detachable swing arm for transport.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of us have successfully used this MORryde TV bracket. It folds back against the wall and latches securely so that the TV can be left in place while travelling. http://www.morryde.com/products/69-e...%2F1-tv-mounts

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS