Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping For A Fifth Wheel

Hello,
    We are Don and Carmen from Colorado Springs We've had a standard TT for six years, and are now considering the transition to a 5ver. The Grand Design Reflection MKS320 interests us. We want to learn more about the experiences of other Grand Design owners. Good? Not so good? What should we look out for?
    Don

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! We've spent the last three winters in Palm Springs in our Reflection. The only issue we've had is leaking grease seals which Grand Design and Lippert (the axle manufacturer) repaired no questions asked - and Grand Design now uses Dexter axles. I'm actually very impressed with how reliable our unit has been considering how much we use it. I'd buy another one in a heart beat!

There is a TON of information on this site with some very knowledgable folks. Use the search function to search for any topic that interests you and you should be able to find answers to any questions you may have.

Good luck shopping!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had very few issues with ours. Any I've had were handled quickly without question. I believe they offer the best value in their class. In my opinion they are tops in the industry for customer service. As previously stated "I would by another one in a heart beat". I've recommended Grand Design to several of our friends.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response! As we take the plunge to a fifth wheel, we want to hear the experiences of other owners.
    Don

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Our current TT is a Lance, and they've been been very responsive, in addition to putting out a pretty good product. Those are two things we're looking for.
    Don

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Thanks! Our current TT is a Lance, and they've been been very responsive, in addition to putting out a pretty good product. Those are two things we're looking for.
    Don
    Don, you won't be disappointed. Any time I've contacted Grand Design with a question or concern I get prompt attention. I think they build very good quality products. I have no problem at all recommending Grand Design.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem that we have had, except for the greasy axle seals, was that the sticker for the master bedroom tv backer plate was WAY off. You'll see several post, most mine, about using little magnets from Home Depot/Lowes and slide along the wall until you get an outline of the backer plate. However, even though this was my error Grand Design and ExploreUSA in Sequin stepped up quickly and ordered us new wallpaper to recover the bedroom wall, plus sent us the design picture of where the backer plate was in the wall and how to find the outline (magnets!). Plus any question that I have had, if I couldn't find the answer here, Grand Design answered my email quickly and then followed up to make sure I got the response. Only had to call one time but was quickly passed to someone who could help. We are extremely happy that we purchased a Grand Design, I just wish that we could use it more, but that is another story and has nothing to do with Grand Design!
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don - the original three who started GDRV (Don Clark, current President) along with the Fenech brothers -Ron & Bill were the men responsible for starting and building Keystone RV into a mega RV powerhouse. They were and are highly respected in the RV industry for their focus on quality dealer/other stakeholder relationships/service; building higher quality products in their price point; and providing top notch customer service to the RV owner.

When they started GDRV in 2012, they raised the bar even further on these three areas and in particular the attention to and focus on providing prompt, effective and overall outstanding customer service to the RV owner (and potential owners/other with questions) directly from the factory. This last item has been an amaizing story and as you spend time on this forum and in other areas doing research this area has led to their incredible growth and success story and folks who are extremely satisfied and surprised by the customer focus.......truly remarkable !

Do GDRV's have problems.......yes they do. Is GDRV there to help.....yes they are and probably better than anyone out there. I have shared many times over our four years of owning our 303 that "stuff will happen and go wrong.......the key is what happens next." GDRV has and continues to answer the bell.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've heard good things about the Grand Designs. It's nice to know the manufacturer is responsive.

Don

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan,

That's reassuring. I assume that story is why good things are said about Grand Designs.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast