User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric or hydraulic?

Good day from Tenn. Will be picking up new 337rls in a couple weeks. Wondering if the auto leveling system is hyd. or elec. Also would like input on the initial leveling procedure, ie. are leveling blocks required? Will the system handle side to side slope within reason? Is a 17 F350 so high that it is difficult to get the 5r high enough to hook up to a AUH. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not positive, but I think all the Reflections have electric auto leveling. The Solitudes and Momentums have hydraulic. Before you use the auto level system you should calibrate it. It's a simple procedure you can find in the manual. No leveling blocks required. We have the electric leveling system in our Reflection and yes, it handles slightly sloped sites just fine. I don't have an AU hitch so I can't help you with that question.

BTW, the auto level system is absolutely one of my favorite features of our RV (along with our roof mounted auto aiming satellite dish). Ours has worked perfectly and I wouldn't own an RV without it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Candy View Post
    Good day from Tenn. Will be picking up new 337rls in a couple weeks. Wondering if the auto leveling system is hyd. or elec. Also would like input on the initial leveling procedure, ie. are leveling blocks required? Will the system handle side to side slope within reason? Is a 17 F350 so high that it is difficult to get the 5r high enough to hook up to a AUH. Thanks for your help.
    I hated the autolevel system until I learned to RTFM. Now I love it. Only drawback is I find I have to have my reading glasses to read the little placard. <G> The system is electric. The rear jacks seem to have a limited amount of travel, but I've never needed to put blocks under one side. I don't know how much slope would be required to need to do so. I do have a couple of 6x6's under the front jacks so they don't require as much extension and we feel little to no movement in the RV.

No problems hooking up to a 17 F350 4x4. Initially, the RV was about 1.5" nose up with the AUH in the lowest position. I had about 6" of bed rail clearance and just nicked the tailgate on a pretty extreme dip. Now, with the lower axle blocks, the AUH is in the middle position and I have 7+" of bed rail clearance and still 1.5" nose high. The weight is the same on both axles so I don't care. The overhead clearance is 13' 2".

I've come to really appreciate the autolevel. Once the truck is out of the way, I hit the button and it does its thing while I go about hooking up water and sewer. I've heard that a lot of people had to jump through hoops to calibrate level, but mine has been right on since day one. <knock wood>

Hope you enjoy your 337 as much as we do. It is just perfect for us and the only problems have been normal growing pains. We've modified a lot of stuff, but probably nothing that HAD to be changed. Disk brakes are highly recommended, though. Not cheap, but worth every penny. I'll never have another big RV without them.

Best,

John
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good info, guys. I can hardly wait to put all this newfound knowledge to work. I have experience with a 36' mh and a 727 and 747, so I'm hoping I can handle this.
    Tom A