Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I wonder if there is a difference between frame of a 150 series and a regular reflection of the same length.

Also I wonder how much stress a light trailer with 150lb tongue weight vs bike rack with 250lbs on it?

I would think the hitch with 250lbs of bikes would be placing more stress bouncing around then the trailer. Granted it probably be a little more pulling force with a trailer but I doubt it would exceed what the frame could handle.

Thoughts?
    It is my understanding that the frame rails and floor structure of the 150 series are lighter construction than the regular Reflection models . . . but, I don’t know this for a fact. (and can’t find it documented anywhere, one way or the other)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotime4 View Post
    I am wanting to double tow my fifth wheel and a 4 seater RZR behind it. I have a 2018 290bh and a 2500 duramax. Weights and length are not a problem for the TV, I am just wondering if this rear hitch would be sufficient to pull 2500 pounds and if it is recommended to use this (bolt on) instead of paying someone to weld one on. Also is this similar to what is already on the RV?

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...urt/13703.html

Thanks
    I researched the Idaho Tote for much heavier Solitude to put 305 pound golf cart on. I was told by some that it put to much stress on the frame but I have seen them on large 5er with RZR on them. I not sure if I would put 150 series 5er but might be worth researching. I never installed it so I have NO knowledge if will work or not..

http://www.gmc.com/trailering-towing/towing-charts

My state said if it was attached with bolts they would consider it part of the 5er and not trailer so no title or plates required so I ASSUMED that a state that didn't allow triple tow would have to honor my state ruling that it isn't a trailer but part of the 5er. I never got a chance to test so you on your own......

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been towing our RZR, cargo trailer or boat from ours for years. Your RZR trailer pin weight is not much more than the factory hitch rate. Welded is always better than bolt on. If your pull the underbelly at the rear you’ll find all the wires to tap into for lights.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B6FE1D96-5E04-4059-AA25-9E85698B910B.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	12220 pic of hitch
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    Been towing our RZR, cargo trailer or boat from ours for years. Your RZR trailer pin weight is not much more than the factory hitch rate. Welded is always better than bolt on. If your pull the underbelly at the rear you’ll find all the wires to tap into for lights.
    I just worry about the stress on the 150 series frame and the void of warranty. Thoughts on that?
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel CC SB SRW, payload 3680
    2018 Rockwood Roo 233
    Next Year - Reflection 340RDS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection has an 8" frame. I can't imagine building a 5th wheel with anything smaller but i guess they did it. Sure don't think I'd want to add any additional stress to a 6" frame. Towing the RZR behind the car sounds like a better idea.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the 150 series. Never crawled under one to give an opinion one way or the other. Do the 150's come with a factory hitch or some indication that they can support 300lbs of tongue weight? A RZR trailer is light. In my opinion the tongue weight of the trailer is no more than stacking a bunch of bikes on the back of that 5th wheel. Probably the best thing to do is to take your trailer to a welding shop and have them give you an opinion. Size of the frame is one thing but also the amount of overhang aft of the axles is another key factor. I don't worry about warranties. Having done this for 30 years its the same story for warranty work, they will always try to tell you its your fault!
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the 150 series. Never crawled under one to give an opinion one way or the other. Do the 150's come with a factory hitch or some indication that they can support 300lbs of tongue weight? A RZR trailer is light. In my opinion the tongue weight of the trailer is no more than stacking a bunch of bikes on the back of that 5th wheel. Probably the best thing to do is to take your trailer to a welding shop and have them give you an opinion. Size of the frame is one thing but also the amount of overhang aft of the axles is another key factor. I don't worry about warranties. Having done this for 30 years its the same story for warranty work, they will always try to tell you its your fault!
    it did come with a factory hitch
    2018 Rockwood Roo 233

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crawled under a buddies new Reflection and was impressed with the hitch itself but not the way it was attached. He went had a welding shop beef up the attachment and hauls his ATV's behind his trailer. If they put a hitch on the back then they must back that up with a hitch rating of say 300 lbs of tongue weight. I wouldn't be nervous about hauling the UTV.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crawled under a buddies new Reflection and was impressed with the hitch itself but not the way it was attached. He went had a welding shop beef up the attachment and hauls his ATV's behind his trailer. If they put a hitch on the back then they must back that up with a hitch rating of say 300 lbs of tongue weight. I wouldn't be nervous about hauling the UTV.
    So I called Grand Design and they said the reflection 290bh has an 8 inch frame. I guess all these rv companies say to not pull behind a fifth wheel and say that it could put stress on the slides and the front hitch and the sidewalls. I am new to this, has anyone had experience with this at all, like is this a real worry, or are they purely just trying to avoid any liability?
    2018 Rockwood Roo 233

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast