Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Reflection Dometic fridge stopped working

Dometic fridge in our 2018 Reflection has stopped working. When we got home from a trip on Tuesday we noticed water dripping from the refrigerator lower access panel and when I looked inside the RV we found that none of the LED lights on the fridge panel were working. Fortunately the fridge and freezer were still cold so we didn't lose any food. We had hoped plugging into our 50amp service would cause it to work but no such luck. Since our dealer is 75 miles away and takes forever to get a service appointment with, we're hoping we can solve and fix the problem. We've checked the 3 Amp fuse wired to the 12V terminal block and the 5 Amp fuse behind the black cover and both are good. Any other suggestions we might try before calling the dealer?

Phyllis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine had wire connectors that fell off during travel on my inverter. However mine IS a residential model so that will probably be different. I’d get in the basement and trace the wires to make sure they are all connected securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like, if none of the control panel lights are working and you've checked all the fuses, you may have lost a controller board. If you call GD customer service, they're very good about authorizing a mobile repair (they don't pay for the "service call" fee if there is one - but cover everything else). We have done this several times with very good outcomes. You can use http://rvservicereviews.com/ to find techs in your area and read reviews on them.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When our Dometic fridge went out, the lady at GD cust service wouldn't even talk to us other than to say we had to contact Dometic. We found a local independent shop that said they did Dometic warranty work and pulled the RV out to them. They would have had it back to us in a couple of days except that they had to wait for Dometic in Ft Worth to ship them a new unit. Then we had to wait two more times because the first two units were defective. We were quite impressed by the shop, which rivaled any dealer facility we've seen and they were very customer oriented.

I took advantage of the down time to have them install disk brakes on my RV.

If you're in the South Texas area, I highly recommend Class A RV repair in Pipe Creek, TX. A great shop kind of in the middle of nowhere.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It sounds like, if none of the control panel lights are working and you've checked all the fuses, you may have lost a controller board. If you call GD customer service, they're very good about authorizing a mobile repair (they don't pay for the "service call" fee if there is one - but cover everything else). We have done this several times with very good outcomes. You can use http://rvservicereviews.com/ to find techs in your area and read reviews on them.

Rob
    Rob, thanks for the excellent link. Helped me find a service center I will use in the future.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming that you checked it with a meter to see if you had power?
    (Fyi it doesn't matter what amp service you plug it into)
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Thanks for the link Rob. We're hoping to get it fixed without having to pay the mobile trip charge. Since we're not fulltimers we can wait a bit but if the dealer tries to put us off too long we'll take Dometic up on their suggestion to take it to a local rv repair shop and they'll cover the repair under warranty.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    When our Dometic fridge went out, the lady at GD cust service wouldn't even talk to us other than to say we had to contact Dometic. We found a local independent shop that said they did Dometic warranty work and pulled the RV out to them. They would have had it back to us in a couple of days except that they had to wait for Dometic in Ft Worth to ship them a new unit. Then we had to wait two more times because the first two units were defective. We were quite impressed by the shop, which rivaled any dealer facility we've seen and they were very customer oriented.

I took advantage of the down time to have them install disk brakes on my RV.

If you're in the South Texas area, I highly recommend Class A RV repair in Pipe Creek, TX. A great shop kind of in the middle of nowhere.
    It's always good to know there are reputable shops out there. Unfortunately we're in Southern California but have a couple of decent repair shops we can take it to if the dealer is "too busy".

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I am assuming that you checked it with a meter to see if you had power?
    (Fyi it doesn't matter what amp service you plug it into)
    We've got 110 and 12V power on everything except the fridge and we used a multimeter to check the fuses to make sure they're good. Thanks I realize shore power is all that's necessary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    We've got 110 and 12V power on everything except the fridge and we used a multimeter to check the fuses to make sure they're good. Thanks I realize shore power is all that's necessary.
    Do you have voltage (power) at the fridge?
    At the circuit board?

If you have power there and the fuses are good then I would say the circuit board my have gone bad. If you don't have power at the fridge then I would fiqure out how the wires ran to the fridge and troubeshoot from there.

Good luck hope you find a simple fix.
    If you end up bring it somewhere to get fixed or you find the problem let us know what it was.
    Thanks
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast